Quantcast

Tory Leadership Contest?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by porridge, 9 Jul 2018.

Tags:
  1. porridge

porridge Member

Ok, risking annoying our local Tories, what's happened to 'em? They can't even stick a knife in a back anymore? The shillying make 'em look clueless. Gedonwivit!

2. skye

skye Member

No offense taken. I have been shouting this since she lost her snap election.

Borrowing a term from U.S. politics, she seems like a lame-duck Prime Minister. Her policies are have no respect and are open to challenge because her own party is already loking to what her successor will do. As far as I can see, the only reason she's still there is because no one wants to swing the axe in case it becomes messy.

3. atry

atry Member

Now, that's not fair. She gave it her best college try, but somehow she couldn't quite get rid of that majority.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jul 2018
  4. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

And Boris goes! Think he'll take her down on the way out? What are the odds?

5. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Why do they think that kicking her out will cause an election? Don't remember one when she got in.

6. Lynda

Lynda New Member

I think they stand a better chance in an election with anyone who isn't her.

Hey, if she goes does that mean Hammond goes too? No more takebacks the day after the budget? Possibly some faint glimmer of actual competance and stability on the horizon? Please, oh, please...

7. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

*Raises Glass*

8. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

So our PM failed to fail? Think that's worse.

9. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Give her credit, she's great for country unity: I have never in my life seen so many people across all parties and none, from so many classes and backgrounds, agree on a PM since Brown's unfortunate gaff.

10. porridge

porridge Member

Right now, I'd take Jack Ketch over 'er.

11. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I have been yelling this for weeks. I don't know about Jack Ketch, I'd take Alan B'stard party-swap and all!

12. jessica

jessica Active Member

You like your politics bloody then;)? PMQs=GOT :D?

13. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Guess the NHS must be celebrating. Hunt's gone to Foreign. Don't know anything about his replacement, Matt Hancock.

14. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Ah yes, Jack Ketch. A man "notorious for his barbarous inefficiency"* I wonder why you'd think of him and the current government?

*Encyclopedia Britannica

15. tirial

Now that gets my vote. At least then they'd have to take it seriously.

16. atry

atry Member

Ben Bradley and Maria Caulfield have gone as well. I don't know who they were when they were there, but they aren't it anymore.

17. jessica

jessica Active Member

18. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

"To lose one party Vice Chair may be an accident. To lose two smacks of carelessness." - With profound apologies to Oscar Wilde.

19. tirial

For the quote, or the government?

20. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member