Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting for the next book in the series...

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Jordan, 25 Jan 2018.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I seem to be stuck on the idea of book series lately. I've been thinking about some of the series I want to finish but appear to have no next book. One, in particular, is Jasper Fforde's Nursery Crimes. I loved both The Big Over Easy and The Fourth Bear and have been waiting, quite impatiently, for another. Anyone else have this problem?

Ellie Jane likes this.
  2. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

Yes! I've been waiting ages for J.L. Langley to finish her werewolf series. There are years in between each one and it's romance for goodness sake not highbrow literature. I get impatient with waiting, but it kills me more when a series just hangs there because the author moved on to something else. It's like waiting for the ending that never comes.

3. Belle

Belle Member

I know what you mean, Ellie Jane. Right now I'm not waiting for any books, just movies and series on TV, but the feeling is the same. Truly frustrating! I'd just try to pass the time by reading through (or in my case watching) the previous series again. I don't know if that would help you or make it worse...

Ellie Jane likes this.
  4. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I do read the older books again and still enjoy them. I just want to know what happens next. Do you not get hung up on series books? I have friends who aren't interested in them regardless of genre.

5. Belle

Belle Member

I think series books are great, but I've been disappointed a lot of times when the second book or the ones after that haven't been as good as the first one. I find that truly frustrating!

Ellie Jane likes this.
  6. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

I can relate to that too, Belle. Sometimes the author goes on a wild trail and takes the story to a whole new place that I wasn't expecting. Other times the author seems to change the characters' personalities to where they no longer fit the original story.