Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

WCPW - Anyone Watching?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by porridge, 2 Oct 2016.

1. porridge

porridge Member

OK, its going from books to booking, but any WCPW fans on here? ICW's good but WCPW has better stories. Great to see indie wrestlers getting some real exposure outside the core fans.

2. jessica

jessica Active Member

Wrestling's not reaslly my thing, but I looked it up. OK, I'm hooked :D It just doesn't take itself seriously. Kirby in a dress? :D:D:D

3. tirial

tirial Member

I'll be podcasting the iPPV at least. Jim Cornette and Jim Ross on commentary is worth the 6.99

4. jessica

jessica Active Member

Jim Cornette and Jim Ross :D? Did you know they were doing a talk in London last night?

5. tirial

tirial Member

Yes, I was there...there for the Bret Hart walk in!

And managed to fight the stream to see Refuse to Lose this morning, not live. They had better improve things for the next iPPV (or the next Loaded tonight) or they are going to lose fans. Their extras stream didn't work, jumped all over the place and 404'd repeatedly. Not impressive.

Kirby vs. Conners was great though, but in the wrong place on the card. Several of the people I was watching with elected to skip the Angle/Hendry match and go to bed - it was well after 3a.m. on a work night...

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

It wasn't bad, some of the matches were good, but PPV worthy I dunno.

7. porridge

porridge Member

Our live PPV party got screwed by lag so we went down the pub. Finally saw it last night. Great to finally see Sewer rat getting whats coming to him. Kirby? Great match, crappy end!

8. Terry

Terry Member

I have no idea what you guys are on about and I never understood the fascination in watching two guys hitting each other in their underwear...but hey, if you like that kind of thing.

9. porridge

porridge Member

'cos its funny. You seen Martin Kirby? Turns out he's allergic to dresses:

10. tirial

tirial Member

More problems with their live feed - they didn;t manage to get Loaded out on Friday so Extra subscribers lost out (and technically lost out again as half of Loaded 12 was Refuse to Lose reruns). The tag match was worth seeing though.

Their veiwing figures (here) seem to have stopped rising so fast, probably because of all the problems with Extra, but 6M views isn't bad.

11. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well it's kept it together so far, that's several months in which it's grown a bit.

Now ITV are in on the act with a Christmas special "World of Sport".

12. jessica

jessica Active Member

Will OSpreay went heel :eek: NO! I was hoping he and Kirby would team up against Pacitti. :((

13. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

WCPW back in London and I'm looking forward to it.

14. tirial

tirial Member

Well, we went to Chain Reaction live on Monday night. Spoiler: It was fantastic! What you wanted the results? Not a chance. Wait 'til Friday.

15. Terry

Terry Member

Nope - still don't get it. I did try having a look at some of it...still, still, still cannot see what the fascination with it is.

Each to their own I guess.

16. jessica

jessica Active Member

So the Scottish World Cup Qualifier's this Sat. Anyone watching :D:D:D? I have popcorn! Love the new GM, he's kind of squishy and breakable!

17. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Shows have been getting better - sound and picture quality getting worse. They need to sort those out.

Thought it was the English Qualifiers this weekend, Scottish ones shown next weekend.

18. jessica

jessica Active Member

I'm watching it right now:)! Anyone else?

19. porridge

porridge Member

Loved the World Cup Qualifier, and the chant's. Ospreay makes a hittable bad guy. Just wish they'd kick Hendry out the Prestige and let Coffey lead, he's a dead spot.

20. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

He's grown on me - and he's the more standard charismatic heel of the lot. Gunn and Banks are better, and Coffey is for fish out of water with these guys.

Love the thing they have going with the Travelodge hotel card.