Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

What books are you looking forward to 2016?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Reader, 2 Jan 2016.

1. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Watching my ever-growing review queue, there are a few titles on it I am very much looking forward to reading, and just hoping they live up to their hype. e.g. Skinwalker, a western/horror that looks as though it could be very interesting.

What books, indie or mainstream, are you looking forward to?

2. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Well it doubt it will be including "Winds of Winter" seeing as George R.R. Martin has just announced he missed his deadline.

I'd be curious to see when it comes out this year.

3. porridge

porridge Member

Anything by E.L.James, just to throw a brick at it. No Iain M. Banks, no Pratchett, no Martin, it's gonna be a cold year.

Then again, haven't read Robert Rankin's autobio yet. Goes great with sprouts and whisky.

4. Terry

Terry Member

Nothing goes well with sprouts.

Haven't seen anything upcoming I'm really looking to read, but then I never do.

Summat will crop up, it usually does.

5. porridge

porridge Member

<mod edit>You Uninformed Northern Person</mod edit>, do you not know the great Rankin's fanclub is the order of the golden sprout?

6. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

We have a place for profane references to the geographical location and parental possible unmarried status of other posters, and it's called the Dive, not Bookchat.

By the way, I can confirm that the report function is working perfectly.

7. porridge

porridge Member

In these new fangled times, it's called the Tea Room.

8. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak New Member

Hiya. As I said in the other thread, I'm looking for some new horror books this year and I don't mind who from.

9. skye

skye Member

If its the C.Price I'm thinking of on here, is there any chance of another Cet & Susan story?

10. C.Price

C.Price New Member

It is, and that's very kind of you, but it depends. The health problems are under control at the moment, but the EUVAT problems mean I can't release directly and the stories simply don't sell on Amazon. With the results of two years out of work with medical bills, I can't afford to release for free.

11. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Good to hear you are getting better, and fingers crossed for the books. I'm not sure there's really anything I am looking forward to in 2016. Several of my favourite authors passed away in 2015 and I think I'm still feeling a bit numb and trying to find more people to read.

"Losing one author might be seen as unfortunate, but four could be considered careless,"
    (apologies to Oscar Wilde)