Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The sub forums have all been merged into Time for Tea. Hugs and Good News remain seperate and may be removed rather than merged due to confidentiality concerns.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do today?

Discussion in 'Time for Tea' started by CatInASuit, May 13, 2018.

1. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

@Terry, that sounds like a lovely weekend!

2. afbluebelle

afbluebelle New Member

Today, just tried to sleep. Back to working the mid shift (2300-0800)
    Yesterday I did a charity 5k ruck. Though I'd be cool and load up my giant ruck with donations and do the race with it. That was a poor decision.

I'm getting old y'all... my poor decisions didn't used to hurt this bad the next day!::rofl::

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

Well done for the run! Next time, maybe take paper slips to represent the donations;)? They weigh less:D!

afbluebelle likes this.
  4. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Congratulations on the race, @afbluebelle!

Today, I am going to have my friends over for "tea". I use quotes because, well, not really tea! Oh, we will drink tea, but the rest of it, probably not really tea! But there will be scones - with stuff in them, I have already forgotten what. I think one is cinnamon, one has an uncommon fruit in it. And raspberry shortcake with those little cake cups because I don't bake. And little spiral sandwiches from M&M Food Market. This is because today is Victoria Day (I am in Canada, we celebrate it! Hey, it makes a long weekend!) and my friend's 16 year old daughter still loves to have tea parties. We have indulged her and dressed up for them but this time, she'll be lucky I am not in my pajamas (see previous mention of long weekend.)

5. Honeybee42

Honeybee42 Member

Well, today is a bit more of a catch up after a very busy weekend. Laundry, cleaning my gun (because I was too lazy to do so when I got back from the range yesterday), grocery shopping, run to the bank to make a deposit, and a haircut.

6. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Spent far too much of the day dealing with commuting. The more important part of the day was spent writing documentation for other people. Tedious but at least I can see what I have accomplished in terms of words.

7. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Got partway through training a new speech to text program. Viavoice works, but it is old, and doesn't work on the newer OSs. I have a lot of reading to do.

8. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Went for a walk. Doesn't sound like much but it was a lovely evening and decided to go wandering somewhere new, up a hill I had always thought to try out, but never did until now.

It's overgrown, foresty and full of wildlife with paths created from constant walking than anything manmade. Took a wrong turn and came out on the far side near a road I knew and found I had gone a little further out of my way than I expected. Should have been 20 minutes pleasant ramble and turned in to 40.

Can't complain, saw a lovely sunset and may very well go and walk it again, sooner rather than later.

9. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Worked on making some origami boxes for my friends' daughter's wedding in August. I have to make 160, and each requires four pieces of paper so that's over 600 foldings! Thankfully they are easy to fold, and mostly easy to assemble. It's just putting the last side in that's challenging.

10. Honeybee42

Honeybee42 Member

Went with my daughter so she could get her sports physical done, and then went to Fazoli's (chain food Italian, but awesome breadsticks) because Fazoli's was having an FFA day (20% of purchases going to the FFA [Future Farmers of America], primarily to fund college scholarships). And of course, I had to work today.

11. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

Fried in the heat!

12. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Yeah, it's pretty hot here too so I was glad to be in an air-conditioned room, quilting. New quilt group, closer to home. My goal is to get a quilt top finished that I have been (not) working on for years. It's hand blanket stitched, and I am determined to finish it this year so if that is all I take to the meetings, then I have to work on it, right?!

13. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Tidied the study which is our 'dump' room. It took quite some time, but now I can see carpet covered in nicely matured collie fur.

14. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Slightly delayed, but the weekend was great. Stupid amounts of sunshine and hot, hot, weather.
    Then I got soaked on the Tuesday due to torrential downpours.
    Today, it can't make up its mind between grey and miserable and sunshine again.

Gotta love that changeable British weather.

In other news, I've have been playing this Lego game on the console for ages and it's nothing but fetch quests and mini racing games now to complete the game. I usually try and get 100% on them, but my will to do so on this one is flagging. I'll probably see if there is anything more exciting tonight, and then give up for something new.

15. tirial

Pinned the next set of spiderplants into pots. Honestly, how do these things grow so fast? A week ago there were no florets, now after the sudeen sun, there's a forest trying to grow roots on the windowsill.

16. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Finally got to sit down at the sewing machine, first time in a little while. Only to find out it looks like I missed cutting out 8 pieces. I am not entirely sure yet, as I have to finish sewing all the bits in this sequence first to be sure! I don't want to go cut more if I don't need them. I am making a Hunter's Star quilt, and there are LOTS of bits.

17. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Today I found out that all the work I had done last Friday had only half worked and that a chunk of it had to be redone. Only good thing was that the things to fix were only minor.

And then in the process found a great way to solve another problem saving a few days and more than making up for it.

18. Pattycake

Pattycake Member

Don't you love it when a negative turns into a positive, Cat?!

Mine kinda went the other way, but it was no big deal. I thought I was finished hand appliqueing a quilt block because Yay! all the leaves were done. But I forgot I still had to applique the plant pot! But it's all done now, and I can move on to the next one. I have been working on this project for far too long (years!)

19. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

@Pattycake - Have you kept any record over the years showing how its progressed?

20. tirial

Planted out (yet more) spiderplants and got another 4,000 words typed up. Still got more to go, but it is a good start.

Site Sponsors