Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of books do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by to7update, 28 Mar 2017.

?

What kind of books do you prefer?

1. Fiction

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Non-Fiction

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. to7update

to7update New Member

Each person has a specific taste. I personally like more technical books, biographies, even if I enjoy a good fiction or novel as well. What about you? What is your ideal book, and what is the book that gives you most pleasure reading?

2. Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker New Member

I consider myself as a bookworm. Any type of books I find them worth reading for I know it is in reading that I may not only increase my vocabulary but to expand my limited knowledge on various topics or subjects in which I could in turn share them to others.

3. harijobs

harijobs New Member

I like both fiction and non-fiction. I enjoy both. I particularly like biographies, stories and novels of people and places covering real-life people and stories.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I like books that are fun or interesting to read. Doesn't matter if its a good detailed explanation of how something works or an edge-of-the-seat thriller, as long as I come away having had the book deliver what it promised and then some.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy New Member

Science fiction is my favorite genre of books although I also enjoy reading humor books. The problem with my favorite books is the cost. They are very expensive that's why my usual haunt is the used book store.

6. Ray1

Ray1 New Member

I like everything that keeps me interested but my favorite topic is humor and mystery. I have no problem as far cost of these books are concerned as I have different ways of getting these books at almost free of cost. I have a friend of mine that runs a book store with open offer to pick any book as long as I return it in good shape. I have the option of paying half of the cost if the book is to be sold in used books section.

7. Terry

Terry Member

So where do you all find the indie books to satisfy your tastes? It's always easy enough to find mainstream publishing books that cater for every taste, but what about the self-published or small time press. How do you find the books from them?

8. Context

Context New Member

Stories that focus on the human element. I like to read about the character and what they feel. Jason Bourne with a black rose in his hand in the winter, walking towards a blooming field that he reaches in the spring.

Stories that give me mental images like that keep me up at night.

9. Miranda

Miranda Member

I'm one of those people who would rather be educated than entertained. I like personal development books and if I can improve some aspect of my life in any way after reading a book, then that's my favorite kind of book.

10. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

Oh I'm definitely a fiction person, I like to lose myself in whatever story I'm reading and feel like I'm someone else. I always enjoy a piece of prose that can pull me into the story and keep there.