Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Why do authors remove books?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by jessica, 16 May 2017.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Why do authors take their books off Kindle? I remember Wings and Wheels which was really great, and then that went and the author said it was because she was ill:(, and now Piety was reviewed and that's gone :confused:. I don't understand why authors do this 'cos it's not like it costs them anything to leave it up. They don't have to do any work on it once it is there:rolleyes:.

2. HattieMoon

HattieMoon Member

I don't have a definite answer but would guess in some cases the writer is planning to update part of it, or change the cover perhaps. Maybe if you got bad reviews it would be enough to pull the entire thing?

3. Terry

Terry Member

Because it's their work and they feel they have the right to do what they want with it? I guess some authors just aren't happy with it being on Kindle for all sorts of reasons.

Cost Wise, it may not cost them financially, but if they feel uncomfortable about people reading something of theirs that they consider just not good enough or not representative of the work they can do - well I can see why they might pull it.

4. Meryl

Meryl Member

I also believe it could have something to do with bad reviews and possibly editing or adding something new to the book. I don't really see any other reason why the author would remove the book.