Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Why is rеаding sо impоrtаnt?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by WilliamV, 2 May 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV New Member

My mоthеr mаdе mе а mеmbеr оf а librаry whеn I wаs just 12. Sinсе thеn, I hаvе bееn аn аvid rеаdеr.

Rеаding mаkеs yоu аn аmаzing pеrsоn frоm а nоrmаl pеrsоn. It brings thе jоy аnd thrill оf trаnspоrting yоu tо а wоrld whiсh hаs соmplеtеly diffеrеnt sеt оf еvеnts оbliviоus оf thе prеsеnt wоrld. Rеаding is а prосеss whiсh rеquirеs yоur full аttеntiоn аnd if dоnе prоpеrly, triggеrs а sеriеs оf еlесtrосhеmiсаl rеасtiоns оn еnсоuntеring dispаrаtе еvеnts in thе bооk. It mаkеs yоu а bеttеr pеrsоn. Yоu mаy nоt hаvе еxpеriеnсеd а lоt оf things in yоur lifе first hаndеdly but it givеs yоu thе аdvаntаgе оf еxpеriеnсing thеm-in diffеrеnt mоdеs.

Bаsеd оn whаt yоu rеаd, rеаding will аlwаys mаkе yоu а bеttеr pеrsоn. It will imprоvе yоur vосаbulаry, еmbеllish yоur nаrrаtiоn аnd strеngthеn yоur skills оf аnаlyzing pеоplе аnd situаtiоns.

Rеаding is аn intеgrаl pаrt оf my lifе аnd it's diffiсult imаgining lifе withоut it.

Rеаd а lоt, rеаd whеnеvеr yоu саn аnd whеrеvеr yоu саn.

jessica likes this.
  2. jessica

jessica Active Member

Reading's also just fun, and with all the things wrong in the world, isn't doing something just for fun worth something?

3. tirial

tirial Member

I used to love libraries. Unfortunately over the last five years our local council decided first that no one needed quiet to read, and then that libraries didn't need books just rows of computer banks, and then that libraries didn't need librarians. Now, they've decided no one needs libraries at all because no one uses them any more...

I love to read, because it is the best way to see the world through someone else's eyes. It isn't just about what the characters do, but how the author sees it - what they consider acceptable because they condone it in their work (e.g. Racism from a villain? Unpleasant, but he is the bad guy and therefore likely to be unpleasant, wrong, and eventually beaten. Racism shown as a good thing? That tells me more than I wish to know about the author's views).

4. clair02

clair02 Member

Reading has always been a big part of my life, whether I'm reading something to improve myself and my life in some way, or I just want to learn new things or maybe just because I feel like getting lost in a different world for a little while, I've always loved reading and I don't go a day without reading at least a few pages.

5. djbook

djbook Member

We can't live a thousand lives. But, we can read a thousand biographies and gain insight/ life lessons that way. We can't immerse ourselves into a story even with an oculus rift, but we can immerse ourselves into amazing worlds with just a hundred pages of a well written book. Books are the best human invention ever, since we can share so much in such a small amount of real estate.

Reading is important because in the age of globalization and information, staying competitive means having the knowledge of histories, peoples, businesses, academia, and technologies.

Reading is important because in an impatient world, the only thing that really provides peace of mind is a book that one reads at the end of the day.

6. Laibrown

Laibrown New Member

I actually can't do without reading , it has become part of me. Reading do to my mind same thing food does to the body, it refreshes my mind. When I read books I literally widen my imaginative and thinking field but not only that reading also sharpen my thinking. In as much as thinking is good but directionless thinking is a mere waste of time, reading helps me get rid of this. And it gives my thinking direction.
    And yes reading is fun, when I want to relax I read to do this.

7. littlesister

littlesister New Member

I love to read! It helps with your vocabulary and imagination. There is nothing better than losing one's self in a great piece of literature. I am really addicted to post-apocalyptic tales. I am also reading some other fantasy types and really enjoy those as well but there is nothing like the classics!

8. Julia

Julia Member

Reading is a chance for me to get away for a while. I read to unwind and get rid of the daily stress and I also read for entertainment. Reading opens up whole new worlds allowing you to visit far off places without leaving your chair!
    I have learned so much from reading books.

9. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

My grandmother taught me to read when I was four and always took me to the local library. I remember going to story time when I was young and then borrowing a ridiculous number of Fear Street novels when I was in middle school. I'm still a huge fan of reading and the library.

10. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I read for the escapism and for the sheer enjoyment of taking a walk through someone else's imagination and sharing a little bit of wonder at what they have written.

But there is always a chance to improve yourself and learn new things with every book. Whether it is some little titbit of info or a new word or two I've never seen that can expand my vocab and above all keep my brain active.

Gotta love it.

11. porridge

porridge Member

'cos real life sucks. Reading gets ya out if it.