Quantcast

Worst autocorrect?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by jessica, 27 Jul 2018.

1. jessica

jessica Active Member

Mine just turned baby name books into Southbank block.o_O Any good ones you've seen:)?

o_OAnd it turned any good ones into Yahoo God on::lol::

2. Zelda

Zelda Member

Yahoo God on. That made me giggle. It sounds like your autocorrect could use some work! I haven't had any mistakes like that. Mine are usually the standards, like "duck" or simple words. I wish my autocorrects were more entertaining. I love looking through all of the memes with bad autocorrects.

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Not quite autocorrect, but when I started using assistive technology, there was a pen that was supposed to transcribe text directly into text documents you could upload. Used straight out of the box, whoever created that transcriber had the single filthiest mind I have ever encountered! "clock" became "dick" and that sort of thing. It was absolutely hilarious, just not very good for getting meaning across - about 10% accuracy if that. If I'd used it for this post, it would have probably have got me banned!

Mind you, if you wanted to write innovative adult material, this should give some really unusual ideas. For sci-fi, it wasn't so good.

4. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

A recent review using my replacement Kindle had this type of issue, with "Hot wheels" changed to "whiteness" and "Painted by" to "counterfeit". Who on earth programmed this?