Quantcast
  1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst writing tool of all time?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by tirial, April 29, 2020.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

We keep doing 'best of' threads so how about the worst?

My nomination would be the updated Kindle Fire. I don't know what they did in the last update, but Alexa keeps trying to reactivate and it won't connect to the PC for documents only ebooks.

I've got tired or working round it and went back to notebooks and a Blackberry.

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Got the same problem with my Kindle. Just doesn't want to let me copy documents across now for me to read.

3. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

HP Stream II. It looks like a great laptop after my last one died, but it has a godawful glitch.

Instead of saving files, it looks as though it has and instead corrupts the entire thing.

I lost an E.O. fic in Feb, a finished version of E.E. in March, which is when I realised it wasn't me, kept a story only by saving it under ten filenames - only one did not corrupt and last night it deleted Concept Model. Thankfully I have a backup and printout, but I don't trust it anymore.

4. Terry

Terry Member

Was it worth the money it cost against the feeling of throwing it against the wall?

Also, what is an E.O fic - not heard of that one?

5. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

The Stream's notorious for bricking itself out of the box. 32Gb HDD and 30Gb OS = death on first patch.

6. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

It gets worse: they tried to use Onedrive as overflow space for the patching process.

Look at Amazon reviews and you can see HP's suggested solution to the issue is turn on Onedrive.

7. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

@tirial, ah god, ouch, my poor battered technical awareness

8. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Just...just why?

9. PuzzleRaven

PuzzleRaven Member

So I'm without a writing tool again. F---!.

Endless Ocean

10. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I thought mine was bad. It was one of those electronic pens that is supposed to pick up your writing and and turn into electronic text as you go.

Never worked, couldn't understand what I was scribing even after trying to train it. Got to the point I went back to a keyboard as it was still faster.

I feel your pain @PuzzleRaven. Losing work is a horrible thing.

Site Sponsors