Quantcast

Writers' Frustrations

Discussion in 'Writer's Lounge' started by tirial, 2 Jul 2018.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Up to now I was making good progress on a 40,000 non-fiction novella that I was due to get finished today, and then I could go back to work on M-Mozzie. Last night, checking the last really obscure references, I discovered a critical individual didn't discover some of the vital information I thought he had up-front until a date that was halfway through. Cue a major rewrite job for today...

Have you encountered this sort of problem, where something survived from an earlier draft, or right at the last minute you found a major problem with a story?

2. Gemini

Gemini Member

That's the worst! I hope you were able to get everything done on time. I've never written non-fiction, but I can only imagine that those are even more difficult to fix since you can't just tweak your plot or something to fix it (not that this always works with fiction). I've definitely had things survive between drafts that weren't supposed to be there. I can't recall something that required a massive rewrite, but I have definitely had to come up with creative fixes for some errors.