Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite christmas reads?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by tirial, 14 Dec 2017.

1. tirial

tirial Member

I normally read Frrederick Forsyth's The Shepherd at some time over Christmas. This year it will probably be in audiobook for the first time, which is going to feel very strange because I am sure the narrator's voice will not match the ones I usually read it in! Do you have any books you read every christmas, or any books lined up for this Christmas?

2. Donna

Donna Member

Every year I read The year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by Gloria Houston to my students. It's a children's book but one of my very favorites. I get a little teary at the end every single time.

3. natalie

natalie Member

You know, it's sad but I can't remember the last time I read a Christmas-themed book! I'm going to have to check out both of those because I've never even heard of them before. I remember when I was little my mom always read The Sweet Smells of Christmas and The Polar Express to us.

4. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Last year I read a Christmas themed romance called Dashing through the Snow though I'm not usually one to read based on the season or time of year. There are too just too many books! The Polar Express is a good idea though. I have a copy on my shelves somewhere.

5. Belle

Belle Member

I've never read the book The Polar Express, but I did watch the animated movie. I really liked it and if I could get my hands on the book I'm sure I'd love it, too. That was a wonderful and inspiring story.

6. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

You know, this is the only time when I like the movies and t.v. shows more than the books. So many of the Christmas stories are terribly melancholy. Some Boxing Day themed books seem good though. I sent my niece What Does Santa Do on Boxing Day? by Becky Plenderleith.