1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

ReviewAside After-matter

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by ReviewAside, July 24, 2021.

1. ReviewAside

ReviewAside New Member Staff Member

[​IMG]"The End" loc 160/6800

"...so do I review the short story..."
    "...or the 600 pages of ads after it?"

Review Aside: Ads should not be longer than the story.

Continue reading...

2. sliara

sliara Active Member

Ads? You must be referring to those long Youtube ads? Because there are really no ads in novels.

3. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

Yeah, @sliara, you don't read ebooks. 30 pages the actual story at the front, then one hundred pages of ads following like the first chapters of the next three books, the publisher and editors life story, a hotlinked list of more by this author and publisher and other books you might want to read, and editorial services. Sure I've missed some but its ridiculous.

4. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

I can quite categorically confirm that this has been the case in several books I have read, and it never fails to disappoint me.

Several paperbacks used to do this, although it only used to be ten to twenty pages of adverts, extra books, subscriptions and so on.

However, this is nothing compared to several eBooks I have picked up, where this a standard marketing technique that is used over and over again.

5. sliara

sliara Active Member

Ah, that one. I did see some clickable links with the ebooks that I have downloaded in the past. They're not that intrusive, unless it automatically redirects to the ads nowadays.

6. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

And if you pay for download by data, it's a lot of extra stuff that's not in the book that you have to pay for.

Site Sponsors