1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ereaders and Tech Support now has its own area for all your kindle bugs and technological wandering wonders. (Relevant older threads are being moved here.)
    Dismiss Notice

Articles??

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Kindler, September 26, 2021.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hey, is something going on with the site that hasn't been announced?

Looks like some of the articles are being re-jigged.

Is this good news or bad news?

Enquiring minds would like to know ::coffee::

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

XenPorta was breaking the site breadcrumb and slowing the entire server. We're looking for an alternative.

3. I have noticed them too. Hope there's an improvement of such job. Articles are well read when they're informative and thought-provoking.

4. porridge

porridge Active Member

Is it me eyes or are the spoilers nae workin?

5. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

No, spoilers aren't. There's a lot of underlying JS that didn't get called across. I've created a new tag called hide that doesn't require the JS and tregaron has updated the thread with it.

If you are curious, highlighting reveals the text:

If you have highlighted this you can read it.

Code:
    [hide]If you have highlighted this you can read it.[/hide]

6. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we have done some work on the Articles part of that site and it's now getting the data as we like it.
    I'm sure there are better ways of putting it together, but it's working and that's fine by me,

The fun part will be adding some new articles and having a lightbulb moment when we realise what we have missed.

Site Sponsors