1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ereaders and Tech Support now has its own area for all your kindle bugs and technological wandering wonders. (Relevant older threads are being moved here.)
    Dismiss Notice

News Blocking Bloglovin’

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Bookangel, April 24, 2021.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Blocking Bloglovin’

[​IMG]
    This post exists because a third party platform called Bloglovin went from reading our live RSS to republishing our content using the RSS. RSS is a time-limited format – the latest items (usually twenty) are the only things made available. When read in an RSS reader, or standard content display, those items have a time, […]

Continue reading...

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I'm guessing that if you ask nicely for them to stop scraping the site, they just ignore you?

3. nangk08

nangk08 New Member Scribe

Wow! What nerve such people have to do such kind of dishonest things!!

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Yep. They are claiming RSS is a public format. The fact that it is a time limited format and items expire shoots that down in flames, but they are in the US so it is hard to take them to court over it.

The fact they grabbed a feed with a one-day expiry from us really makes that clear.

5. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

Could we add a licence or a time expiry:baffled:? How do people think this is OK?

6. I have been using RSS for easy reading of my posts in my various blog sites but I'm not aware that Bloglovin is using it for money.

Besides I'm also a follower or subscriber of the said site. I thought as a subscriber or follower, it facilitates the sharing of my posts in the Net but no idea that it claims all the credits for my posts.

I have to stop my subscription with them.

Site Sponsors