1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Book cover contest - votes invited

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by MHThaung, August 23, 2021.

1. MHThaung

MHThaung Member

Anyone here enjoy looking at book covers?

There's a new contest this year called the Self-Published Science Fiction Competition. Over the next several months, 10 teams of judges will work their way through around 300 entries to finally decide on the ultimate winner.

Right now, public voting is open for the most popular book cover. If you want to have a browse and vote, here's the link: SPSFC Cover Contest Top 100 - People's Choice . It runs until 11 September.

I've entered a book into the SPSFC, but the cover (no, I didn't create it myself...) didn't make the cut for this part.

You can get more information about the competition at: Home - SPSFC 2021

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the info, some of those covers go from the ok to the really very good.

Sorry to hear your cover didn't make it.

I'd suggest everyone go have a look, especially if they like Sci-fi. I think I will go and rate a few of them myself.

3. MHThaung

MHThaung Member

I don't spend a lot of time looking at covers, but it's been quite fun guessing what the book's like from the cover alone. And maybe I need to rethink my prejudices - somehow, a guy in a space suit against a "space/planet" background puts me right off ::unsure::

Site Sponsors