1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Brit govt nicking Britcoin?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Mine all mine, July 26, 2021.

1. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

So, newspapers? British Government to launch Britcoin currency.
    Me? Huh, I've owned that shitcoin since 2015.

So we're getting a non-decentralised, govt owned, non-independent audits digital currency so the govt can put money in our accounts whenever it wants? Great, UK goes Venezuala. They going to pay the current holders, or just try and claim the name to universal rejection. We've been there with Dark and Darkcoin. Not going there again.

Did great things for the Bitcoin price. Its up 4K since the weekend.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

There are a lot of governments looking slightly askew at the various cryptocurrencies as it removes a chunk of of control they have over their own currency.

It's amazing how many times it comes up that crypto is only used for illegal activities and by dubious purposes.

3. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

Don't bother. The papers are so useless they talk about Bitcoin being 'seized'. Only way to do that would be to get the private keys. Doing that involves an actual criminals not using a Trezor or a paper wallet in a Swiss bank box for millions of dollars.

Site Sponsors