Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Charging e-readers

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Terry, 5 Feb 2016.

1. Terry

Terry Member

Not really anything in particular, but I've been using an old Kindle for a little while instead of my usually using the cloud.

Using the cloud it's easy, it's online and I don't have to worry about working out how full the battery is. And so it annoys me no end when I keep forgetting to charge it and the screen suddenly starts telling me that by the way I need to charge it soon. Or those annoying times when I think I've charged it and it refuses to just start. It's supposed to have a charge lasting for days but I never seem to get it to that state.

It's getting to the point where I'm going to plug it in every night, then it ain't going to go wrong. Then all I've got to do is remember to download the titles to read them. I'm going back to the cloud as soon as I can.

Grumble!

2. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

The number of times I have forgotten to charge mine. I think that's why I tend to use the cloud so much.

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Usually charge it once a week just t9o make sure its good for a while. The battery lasts for ages anyway unlike most modern phones.

4. jessica

jessica Active Member

I just use my phone. If I forget to charge that I'm really in trouble!:p

5. Terry

Terry Member

And despite this, it's happened again. Pulled it out for quick read - battery warning you can't get rid of.

Left a very boring 30 mins on the Tube before I could scavenge a Metro

6. skye

skye Member

Was I the only one who saw the thread title and wondered if you meant charging as in money. A monthly fee for readers for reading ebooks or similar.

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I wonder if I could do that with a couple of people I know who keep eyeing mine up.

Maybe ask for a deposit or something.

8. Terry

Terry Member

I feel dumb. I've had my Kindle upside down in its case since I first got it.

It always felt weird opening it, but I could never figure out why until it fell out and I had to put it back in again and did the double take.

I'm definitely sticking to the cloud.