1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Coffee Conundrums - Unwarranted?

Discussion in 'Games & Giveaways' started by tirial, October 15, 2020.

By tirial on October 15, 2020 at 4:00 PM
  1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

Unwarranted?
    "Got the statement?"
    "Oh yeah, sarge. Just had the witness shouting at me for the last hour. But we'll never get a warrant on the strength of his testimony."
    "Why not? He's an experienced builder. They're not given to flights of fancy."
    "The bar was quiet. It was ten in the morning, and no one's going out right now. He was right by the bar, and and our suspects were at the end of the pub garden when the conversation happened."
    "Was the pub closed up?"
    "No, they'd got those big double doors to the garden open. The barman was keeping half an eye on the two at the end of the place."
    "Sounds fine."
    "The pair were right at the end of the garden, by the building works for those flats, with the concrete mixer going on since nine. There's been fifteen noise complaints so far."
    "Make that twenty-one."
    "Ah shit. Anyway, sarge, our witness is the digger operator. He'd just jumped out for a packet'o'pig because they didn't need him on site for a bit. He'd been in the cab running the thing not fifteen minutes before."
    "Ear Protectors?"
    "He wasn't wearing any, Sarge. He doesn't even own them."
    "Then we might get our warrant after all. Let me talk to him."​

Why does the sarge think they can get a warrant?

--
    As we are stuck sheltering in place, or facing Christmas being cancelled, I am putting up a few quick lateral thinking/mysteries to keep people entertained. If these seem familiar, it is because some of these will be the classic ones that I've simply retold. If you want to post an answer, please put it in spoiler tags so you don't spoil it for others.

Use this code:
    Code:
    [spoiler]My Answer[/spoiler]

Lily likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Games & Giveaways' started by tirial, October 15, 2020.

Site Sponsors