Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Crit help: Silent Fear?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Reader, 15 Feb 2018.

1. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

Silent Fear by Lance and James Morcan

I am having significant trouble with a review of this book, as my notes are now on three pages.

It has an innovative idea, but based on real world murders which may make it exploitative. It has a female lead who is, well, to be honest I don't know. Did anyone else get this book, because if you did could I have your thoughts on it? An online read and critique from the members with it would be very helpful, especially if you can just point out that areas where you feel uncertain.

2. Terry

Terry Member

Sounds like a good idea. If you can lend the book, I'll take a look and let scribble something down.

Heh. That would be so much easier with a paperback!

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

That's mammoth:eek:! Its got 12,000 locs:eek::eek::eek:! Give up and read something fun and easy!

4. porridge

porridge Member

Monster book. Got it, but the lead's a female dog. Guess even Reader thought so.

5. tirial

tirial Member

I think I got annoyed when she makes a big thing about putting a subordinate in his place for not using her full title claiming he is insubordinate, then a few pages later snarks off to her superior extremely disrespectfully claiming that she is only working the case as a favour to him. I'd have expected her boss to tell her that she'll damn well work the cases she's assigned to! (And an officer with a problem being called guv or ma'am won't last long.)

This isn't a strong woman, this is an insecure hypocrite. And boring.