1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadly Showdown: Fish Universe vs Fish World

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Lily, November 15, 2021.

1. Lily

Lily Active Member

A riveting tale containing such juicy stuff as bitter rivalry, friends to enemies, and lots of fish.

Tooting fish war: Fishmonger blasts rival for opening identical shop next door

Now, my burning question is: are you Team Fish Universe or Team Fish World?

Which of these lovely gentlemen should be awarded a Golden Fishing Rod, and which deserves to be slapped with a wet fish?

Also, was the reporter biased?

My favourite part:

The Epic Saga of the Shopping Trolley
    He asked me for a trolley, I gave him a trolley. He later asked if he can keep the trolley, I said you’re my neighbour, no problem.

He broke the wheel and then another day he came back and said two wheels are broken, I said no worries. He said OK – I said don’t use it again, I have another one in the storage room which you can use.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Team Fish Universe all the way. It appears to be a blatant copy of the other shop followed by undercutting prices trying to put the other shop out of business.

I didn't look for any bias in the reporting, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some in there. What did you notice?

3. Terry

Terry Active Member

It's a real shame they can't get on and work together, maybe sell different kinds of fish to attract all the customers and split them down the middle so they can both profit from it.

Site Sponsors