1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Paydirt

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by CatInASuit, May 31, 2021.

1. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Coming back from the shops and idling by a bus stop waiting for it to turn up, @tirial decided to peer into the local charity shop window to see what was there to pass the time.

Found: One motherlode of Fantasy hardbacks from old school writers. Anne Mccaffrey, Raymond E. Feist, Stephen Lawhead and a few others. We walked out with 20 of them in really good condition, slight browning, but of wear to the dustcovers, that sort of thing.

It looks like someone turned in a collection of books, so I'm happy to give them a new home. Sure, I could have bought every single one electronically and read them for less than I paid in the shop. But this is the sort of thing that you just can't do with electronic books, that feeling of delight and surprise when you find such an opportunity.

Anyone else have any good stories of finds like this?

2. sliara

sliara Member

Good thing that you have found a good bargain, it's not everyday that one stumbles upon a collection of books that are rare and still in good condition.

3. Tregaron

Tregaron Active Member

Congratulations! If you have any available, or any duplicates, my Anne MacCaffrey collection is not complete.

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Ah, a rare and subtle hint appears! Do you read Anne MacCaffrey or Anne and Todd MacCaffrey? We've got a few of the Todd MacCaffreys and I don't really read them.

Site Sponsors