1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite character types?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Lily, March 12, 2021.

1. Lily

Lily Member

Yep, I know stereotypes are frowned upon, but even so, there are certain fictional character types that I don't get bored of seeing, such as femme fatale, rogue/scoundrel, cocky adventurer.

Do you have any favourites, and what is it about them that appeals to you?

2. nangk08

nangk08 New Member Scribe

I like characters which are dark and secretive, kind of surly just like the Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, intelligent and negative!

3. luri

luri Member Scribe

I don't like "all good" and "all bad" kinds of stereotype characters. I like complex characters who have darkness as well as brightness inside them. In fact, I like anti-heroes more than the heroes and villains. Even when the central character dies, the readers should be able to feel for the character.

4. sliara

sliara Member

I really don't have a favorite character stereotype, I just want to be entertained with what I'm reading or viewing. I'm used to the usual plots to draw audiences, but anything that is themed in mystery will interest me, it's not really the characters.

Site Sponsors