1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ereaders and Tech Support now has its own area for all your kindle bugs and technological wandering wonders. (Relevant older threads are being moved here.)
    Dismiss Notice

Firefox Themes

Discussion in 'Other Technological Wonders' started by Kindler, June 7, 2021.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Ok, what just happened to the main Firefox theme? It's bland and hideous, maybe blideous.

I'd also love to know which focus design group came up with this because they all need glasses,

More importantly: anyone got any good ways to make it go away?

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

You haven't seen the comments on r/firefox...?::devilBook: (Paraphrased: Ah horrors!)
    I don't use that version of Firefox, so is it really that bad?

You can try the Dark Theme, if it still has one?
    Type about:addons in the address bar
    Click Themes.
    Activate the Dark Theme.

3. sliara

sliara Member

How about you try to download old versions of Firefox? It might be the version wherein you liked the layout, just don't update it.

4. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Yeah, it really is that bad, though I have tried the dark theme and it is easier to look at than the main one, or even the classic version someone has put together.

Downloading an old version is an option, but then I have to deal with the constant whining about updating and being on the latest version and I usually just go and update anyway.

5. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

You can turn it off, or use a User Agent Switch Addon to simply lie to websites what browser you are on. I tested it with Firefox 20 and 50 and you'd be amazed how many websites work fine on older browsers and are only objecting to the fact they think it is old.

Do things like the alternate themes for earlier Firefoxes still work? Try one and see.

Switching it to Compact Mode is meant to fix some of the problems, and there's also Lepton on Github that does a lot more, but again I don't use that version of Firefox so I haven't used them.

6. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Thanks @tirial, I might have to give some of those options a go. I'm not liking the look any more than Kindler is

7. Hova

Hova Member

I stopped using Firefox a long time ago. Nowadays I use Brave browser.

8. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

How are you finding the Brave browser. I tried it a few years ago and didn't really get on with it.

Would be curious to know what you think of it.

Hova likes this.
  9. Hova

Hova Member

I get to earn BAT while browsing, I love it. Also, it doesn't use so much RAM like other browsers I've used in the past. That is mostly why I use Brave.

10. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Just curious, but what do you get to spend BAT on?
    I'd heard about them, but never looked into it

11. Hova

Hova Member

I exchange it for fiat, in my case USD. Compared to a few weeks ago the value of Bitcoin has halved (from almost $60,000 to $33,000). So I'm just holding BAT in my Uphold wallet until the value goes up again.

PS: currently 1 BAT = $0.5

Site Sponsors