1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Freaking Noise

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by tirial, November 19, 2021.

1. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

K.... How do you work with someone with noise-cancelling headphones? The last fraking eighteen months, I have been putting up with a certain someone shouting downstairs ever since his goddamn company gave him those things.

I'm meant to be working:
    - on four channel audio (can't use headphones to check surround sound). Drowned out by the noise from downstairs.
    - recording a voiceover. Guess what gets caught on the mic.
    - re-editing a video that's now eight months late because he's making too much noise to hear the audio track.
    - Getting reviews edited and up. Hard when someone's yelling in my ear... despite being two rooms away!
    - Nanowrimo. Yeah, concentration totally blown.
    - And I use voice control and speech-to-text on my computer to assist. Guess how well that works...

I've tried telling him to install the live feedback software that comes with the damn things. He doesn't. I've asked him to switch to other headphones. He switches back the second my back is turned. He says he'll be quiet: by the time I am sat down he's yelling again.

Does anyone know how to shut this up before the goddamn headphones end up in the bin? I want to get some work done, and I'm getting to the point of installing a force feedback loop to burn the damn things out and share my pain with everyone in his fucking meetings.

Yeah. Toys pram. Had enough.

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I have edited the title to remove bad language from the front of the board. @tirial please talk to your husband.

Site Sponsors