1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Giveaway Freebies [games/apps]

Discussion in 'Games & Giveaways' started by Lily, February 23, 2021.

1. Lily

Lily Member

Hi, here are some video games for PC which are currently free at the Epic Games Store:

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition (arcade racing game):

Absolute Drift - Drifting: The Art Of Sliding Sideways.

Rage 2 (post-apocalyptic shooter):

Rage 2 | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Requirements: account creation (free), no financial info input needed to claim free games, go through the checkout process to add the games to your account and they're yours to keep; to play the games you will need to instal the Epic Games launcher.

Home page: Epic Games Store | Download & Play PC Games, Mods, DLC & More – Epic Games

Epic gives 1-2 games free every week. These two are free until 4 p.m. GMT, 25 Feb 2021.

2. Lily

Lily Member

I also have some Steam keys for the four-part Sorcery! series (PC/Mac), adapted from the best-selling gamebook series by Steve Jackson, free to anyone who would like them. There's no catch, I just have a lot of games and wanted to share.

Either reply here or PM me if you would like these, and I'll send you the keys. If you're unfamiliar with Steam/how to activate keys, please let me know, I'm happy to help.

I have a few more Steam keys for some other games which I'll post here as well, but I need to check which ones haven't been given away or used yet.

Description taken from the Steam store pages:

Parts 1 and 2: Sorcery! Parts 1 and 2 on Steam
    An epic adventure in a land of monsters, traps and magic. Journey across the deadly Shamutanti Hills and through the Cityport of Kharé, home to thieves, corrupt nobles and deadly mutants, as you attempt to recover the Crown of Kings. Armed with your sword, and over fifty spells with weird and wonderful effects, embark on a journey of a thousand choices where every one is remembered and will change your story. This is Parts 1 and 2 of a four-part series.

Part 3: Sorcery! Part 3 on Steam
    An open-world narrative adventure through a cursed wilderness of monsters, traps and magic. Hunt down the Seven Serpents, cast powerful spells that shape the story, and explore everywhere. Begin your journey here, or continue your story from Parts 1 & 2.

Part 4: Sorcery! Part 4 on Steam
    An open-world narrative adventure into a cursed Citadel of monsters, traps and magic. Fight weird creatures, cast powerful spells that shape the story, cheat death, and explore everywhere. Begin your journey here, or conclude your adventure from Part 3.

Requirements: Steam account creation (free), installation of Steam client to play the games.

3. Lily

Lily Member

New free game (for PC) from the Epic Games Store:

Sunless Sea – a Lovecraftian horror RPG set on board a ship

Sunless Sea

Requirements: free Epic Games account, installation of Epic launcher to play the game. No personal or financial information needed in order to claim.

Free offer expires at 4 pm GMT, 04 March 2021.

4. Lily

Lily Member

This one is permafree but adding it here as it's very useful.

Virtual Cottage – free management app available on Steam for Windows/Mac/Linux.

From the Steam store page: Virtual Cottage gives you a comfy place to rest and be productive without any distractions. Open the game, set yourself a goal and enjoy the atmosphere.

Virtual Cottage on Steam

I've been using it since last autumn and really like it. There are rain sounds and lofi music which can be toggled on and off, plus a cute little cat! E:hearteyecat:

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Oh sweet. I've heard a lot of really good things about Sunless Sea, always wanted to try it out.

Consider yourself PM'd ::geek::

6. Lily

Lily Member

Same here. It looks deliciously creepy :D Another game came out a few years after this one, set in the same universe, called Sunless Skies (not sure if it's a direct sequel though).

7. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I'm Interested in the Sorcery Books.

I had two of the four original books from when they came out originally, so I'm curious to see what they have done with them.

8. Lily

Lily Member

@CatInASuit Sure, I just need to grab the codes and I'll send them to you :)

9. Lily

Lily Member

PlayStation 4 owners: New Free Games Over the Next 4 Months

The first free game is Ratchet & Clank.

This offer is not yet live but I'm posting it now in case I'm offline for a bit.

More details are in the blog post by the Sony pres here:

Play At Home returns: Four months of offers for PlayStation games and entertainment begin March 1

But here is the important info from the post [I edited only the date format]:

PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from 01 March at 8pm PST / 02 March at 4am GMT / 5am CET to 31 March 2021 at 8pm PDT / 01 April at 4am BST / 5am CEST.

Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.​

Note: You do not need a PS+ subscription in order to claim the free game from the PS Store. This offer is available to all PS4 owners, as well as all ten PS5 owners out there.

10. Lily

Lily Member

This week's free game from Epic is Wargame: Red Dragon [real-time strategy]
    Wargame: Red Dragon

This offer also includes free downloadable content for the game:

1. The Millionth Mile
    Wargame: Red Dragon - Wargame Red Dragon - The Millionth Mile

2. Second Korean War
    Wargame: Red Dragon - Wargame Red Dragon - Second Korean War

3. Norse Dragons
    Wargame: Red Dragon - Wargame Red Dragon - Norse Dragons

4. Russian Roulette
    Wargame: Red Dragon - Wargame: Red Dragon - Russian Roulette [10v10 Map]

Requirements: Epic Games account, installation of Epic launcher to play the game. No personal or financial information needed in order to claim.

Free offer expires at 4 pm GMT, 11 March 2021

11. Lily

Lily Member

A few freebies this week!

Metro 2033 (post-apocalyptic survival)
    Save 100% on Metro 2033 on Steam

Requirements: Steam account (free).
    Log in to Steam, just scroll down a bit on the Metro 2033 store page and press 'add to account'

Very limited window to claim this game – offer expires at 5pm GMT on 15 March 2021.

Next, this week's free game from Epic:

Surviving Mars (colony building/strategy)
    Surviving Mars

Also comes with some free DLC, Mysteries Resupply Pack:
    Surviving Mars - Surviving Mars - Mysteries Resupply Pack

Requirements: Epic Games Store account (free). Add the game to basket, go through checkout process (no financial or personal info required) and it's yours to keep.

Offer expires at 3pm GMT on 18 March 2021

Happy gaming!

12. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

@Lily Just wanted to say thanks for the Sorcery Steam Keys.
    I have remembered just how bad I was at these games in the first place ::lol::

13. Lily

Lily Member

@CatInASuit Heh those games do seem pretty hardcore E:sweatsmile: and you're very welcome!

14. Lily

Lily Member

This week's free game from the Epic Games Store is The Fall, a sci-fi puzzle game where you play as an AI which activates after crash-landing on an alien planet.

The Fall

To claim your free copy, go through the checkout process and it will be in your account and yours to keep.
    Note: you do not need to input any personal or financial info; the only requirements are an email address and free Epic account.

Offer expires at 3 PM on 25 March 2021.

15. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Also wanted to say thanks for the Sunless Sea freebie.

It was as good as I had heard, if not better. Having great fun in spookie subterranean London trying to work out what the hell is going on.

16. Lily

Lily Member

@Kindler You're welcome :) It sounds really fun! I'm feeling tempted to start playing it now, even though I promised myself i have to finish my current games before beginning any new ones lol.

17. Lily

Lily Member

18. Lily

Lily Member

Several PlayStation freebies now! You don't actually need a PS4/PS5, so if you think you may get one of these further down the line, you could create a Sony account and claim these games now and download them in future, as they're yours to keep.

There's still a bit of time to get Ratchet & Clank for free. I forgot to post the direct link last time, sorry:

Ratchet & Clank™

Offer expires at 00:00 BST, 01 April 2021

19. Lily

Lily Member

Putting these next freebies in a separate post so it doesn't get confusing.

Starting 25 March 2021 for PS4 owners:
    Abzû
    Enter the Gungeon
    Rez Infinite
    Subnautica
    The Witness
    Astro Bot Rescue Mission
    Moss
    Thumper
    Paper Beast

All of the above games are free to claim, simply log in and click to claim each one individually from this page:

Official PlayStation™Store UK

In other countries, just replace the 'gb' in the url with your own country code.

Offer expires at 8:00pm PT 22 April / 04:00 BST 23 April / 05:00 CEST 23 April.

Thoughts: This is a really decent selection of games. I already have Abzû, Enter the Gungeon, Subnautica and The Witness on PC and they are all well worth playing.

20. Lily

Lily Member

Quite a few new free games this week! In order of expiry:

Steel Rats - combat and motorbike racing in a dieselpunk 1940s USA setting. Free on both Steam and GOG.

GOG is giving away a DRM-free copy of the game, free to newsletter subscribers. Just register/log in, subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down a bit on the homepage and click the banner to claim.

Direct link: Steel Rats™

There's also a free Steel Rats Stylish Mayhem - Skins DLC available:
    Steel Rats™ Stylish Mayhem - Skins DLC

This offer expires in 48 hours.
    If the name GOG is unfamiliar, it's part of CD Projekt, owner of the studio that made The Witcher games. The store offers DRM-free games which can also be played via the optional GOG Galaxy client.

Steel Rats on Steam:
    store.steampowered.com/app/619700/Steel_Rats/

Free DLC: Steel Rats™ Stylish Mayhem - Skins DLC on Steam

Offer expires at 6pm on 04 April

Site Sponsors