1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Giveaway Freebies [games/apps]

Discussion in 'Games & Giveaways' started by Lily, February 23, 2021.

1. Lily

Lily Active Member

Lastly, this week's free game from the Epic Games Store is Tales of the Neon Sea, a cyberpunk point and click murder mystery detective game.
    Most importantly, in some sections you also get to play as a cat.

www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/tales-of-the-neon-sea

This offer expires at 4pm BST, 08 April 2021

2. Lily

Lily Active Member

Several free games from Epic this week:

Deponia: The Complete Journey – games 1-3 in one package, a point and click sci-fi comedy adventure
    Deponia: The Complete Journey

Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth – Visual novel/interactive fiction/choices matter, based on the book of the same name
    Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

The First Tree – exploration game, play as a fox and as a human boy, in two intertwining stories
    The First Tree

All of the above offers expire at 4:00 pm BST on Thursday 22 April 2021

**BONUS! MORE FREE GAMES!**

3 out of 10 – a playable sitcom, set in the world's worst video games studio: will the developers ever make a game that scores higher than 3 out of 10?

Season 1 (all 5 episodes in one bundle): 3 out of 10: Season One

Season 2 (all 5 episodes in one bundle): 3 out of 10: Season Two

3 out of 10 Season 2 was last week's free game from Epic; I wasn't around to post it but it turns out it's still free. Not sure if it will be permafree though, so best to get it asap if interested.

3. Lily

Lily Active Member

New free game for PS4 owners:

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (action RPG)

Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition

Click 'add to library' and its yours to keep.

Offer expires 8:00pm Pacific Time on 14 May / 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST on 15 May 2021.

4. Lily

Lily Active Member

Multiplayer party game on Steam, free for a limited time

Quiplash

Save 100% on Quiplash on Steam

Either log in to Steam via browser or via the client then click 'add to account' on the product page and it's yours to keep.

Offer expires at 6 pm 26 April 2021

5. Lily

Lily Active Member

Sorry for the multiple posts, thought it best to separate the free games so they're easy to find.

Two free games from Epic this week.

Hand of Fate 2 - a living board game set in a world of dark fantasy

Hand of Fate 2

Alien: Isolation (yep, the Ridley Scott alien)

Play as Ripley's daughter, Amanda, in this survival horror game. This offer includes free DLC, The Last Survivor. The DLC is priced at £2.79 but will be automatically included for free in your purchase when you claim Alien: Isolation. To confirm, just scroll down the product page after checking out and it should say 'owned' next to the DLC.

Alien: Isolation

Offer expires at 4 pm BST Thursday 29 April 2021

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Hmm - I haven't finished Sunless Sea yet, but Alien Isolation got loads of good reviews.

Just not sure I'm up for the nerve shredding terror that game will probably put me through.

Hand of Date 2 looks like fun, might pick that one up and add to the collection of games.

7. Lily

Lily Active Member

@Kindler did you get Alien Isolation in the end? It was already on my wish list and although it'll be a while before I'll get to play it, I claimed it anyway. Looks like the perfect game for Halloween.

There are some rather oddball free games offers that are newly available:

Tonight We Riot - a pro-communism, retro pixel art dystopian action game E:tearsofjoy:

If you fancy some beating up some capitalists from the safety of your sofa, visit the GOG homepage, log in/register for a free account and scroll down a bit until you reach the giveaway banner, click it and a DRM-free copy of the game will be added to your account.

GOG.com

Offer expires 2 pm BST on 02 May 2021

8. Lily

Lily Active Member

The next free offer is from Epic and is different from usual, in that it's not a game but free content (apparently worth over US $100) for a free to play game, Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms (strategy/single-player/RPG).

As far as I can tell, this giveaway is a content pack for characters and items. I'm not familiar at all with this game but am just posting the info in case it's of interest to others. From the store page (emphasis mine):

All players who log in to Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms through the Epic Games Store between Thursday 29/04/2021 at 4 pm BST and Thursday 06/05/2021 at 4 pm BST will receive the Epic Champions of Renown

This offer is available to all players logging in through the Epic Games Store, both new and existing. You must instal and log in to Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms to receive the Epic Champions of Renown.

Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms | Download and Play for Free - Epic Games Store

This offer is available to all new and existing players of Idle Champions, just visit the link above if interested, add to your account and remember to instal and play the game during the time period mentioned.

Offer expires 4 pm BST Thursday 06 May 2021

9. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

@Lily - Sunless Sea and more Sunless Sea. I'm on my fourth or fifth character. One of which retired gracefully, the rest have met a variety of sticky ends, usually as a result of pirate action and being sunk far from port.

I have a feeling there is a lot more to this game than I have so far seen.

10. Lily

Lily Active Member

@Kindler Nice one! Nothing beats a game with well-written characters and story.

More free games and game-related goodies below, in order of expiry date...

Nubarron: The adventure of an unlucky gnome (2D puzzle platformer)

Save 100% on Nubarron: The adventure of an unlucky gnome on Steam

Free to keep if added to account before 6:00pm BST on Sunday 09 May 2021

***​

This week's free game from Epic is Pine (open-world action adventure with survival/crafting elements)

Pine | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Offer expires at 4:00 PM BST Thursday 13 May 2021

***​

Fans of Mass Effect can download 1.7 GB of free content which includes soundtracks, art books, and comic books. No registration/log in or email required, just visit the link below and click the big red download button.

Mass Effect Bonus Content Download - Electronic Arts Official

Note: According to EA, the offer is available until 31 May 2021 or until download capacity is reached so best get this one asap if it's of interest.

11. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

@Lily - ::coffee:: - One day at a time with that game. Lovin' the spooky atmosphere it has.

Lily likes this.
  12. Lily

Lily Active Member

This just in, an episodic point and click horror game currently free on Steam for a limited time, just log in and click to add the game to your account.

The Dream Machine Chapter 1 & 2

Save 100% on The Dream Machine: Chapter 1 & 2 on Steam

This is a promo for the series, as there are 6 chapters altogether, with the remaining chapters currently on sale for 99p each.

Note: I'm not familiar with this game but from what I've heard it deals with strong subject matter, so it's a good idea to read a few reviews first before deciding if it's for you or not.

Offer expires at 6 pm BST on Monday 17 May 2021

13. Lily

Lily Active Member

This week's free game from Epic is The Lion's Song, a point and click/choices matter narrative adventure set in early 20th century Austria following a cast of artists and scientists, with each episode focusing on their struggles with creativity and inspiration. This package contains all four episodes.

The Lion's Song | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Offer expires at 4pm BST Thursday 20 May 2021

14. Lily

Lily Active Member

This freebie expires soon! It's a game I already own so I missed hearing it about it being free until a short time ago.

Little Nightmares (single-player/horror/puzzle/platformer)

Save 100% on Little Nightmares on Steam

Just register/log in to Steam, visit that link and click add to account.

Offer expires at 10:00 am BST on Sunday 30 May 2021

There's not much time left but it's well worth playing, hurry!

***​

Another limited-time free offer on Steam is Company of Heroes 2 (WWII strategy).

This package includes standalone DLC Assault on Ardennes

Save 100% on Company of Heroes 2 on Steam

Offer expires at 6:00 pm BST on Monday 31 May 2021

***​

Third and final freebie of this post is Among Us (multiplayer game of deduce the imposter in the group)

Among Us | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Register/log in to Epic Games Store, add the game and go through the checkout process.

Offer expires at 4:00 pm BST on Thursday 03 June 2021

15. Lily

Lily Active Member

Fans of classic point and click adventuring, Syberia I and II are both free on GOG for a limited time.

Just scroll down the homepage a bit until you reach the giveaway banner.

GOG.com

Requirements: GOG account (free), plus email newsletter opt-in.
    This offer gives you a DRM-free copy of both games.

Offer expires at 2pm BST on Saturday 17 July 2021

Also free on GOG (no expiry date)

Symphonia - a musical-themed adventure game

Symphonia

More GOG freebies, (expiry date unknown) as part of its COVID "Stay at Home" promo, 32 free games, a mix of classic point and clicks and newer releases:

Stay at home and play some games

16. Lily

Lily Active Member

Separate post now for two new free games from Epic.

Obduction
    A sci-fi adventure from Cyan, the creators of Myst. Abducted far across the universe, you find yourself on a broken alien landscape with odd pieces of Earth. Explore, uncover, solve, and find a way to make it home.

Obduction | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Offworld Trading Company
    Mars has been colonized, and Earth's corporate titans fight to dominate this new market. Competition is fierce in this fast-paced economic RTS.

Offworld Trading Company | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Both offers expire at 4pm BST on Thursday 22 July 2021

17. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Aww. Nuts. I tried playing those ages ago and got stumped and gave up on both of them. That might have inspired me to give them another shot.

18. Lily

Lily Active Member

Two new freebies on Steam, classic point and click adventures, Syberia I and II.

@Kindler Second chance to get these! ╰(*°▽°*)╯

Syberia I

Save 100% on Syberia on Steam

Syberia II

Save 100% on Syberia II on Steam

Requirements: Steam account (free)

Simply log in via client or browser and click to add to account.

Both offers expire at 6:00pm on Wednesday 29 September 2021

19. Lily

Lily Active Member

20. Lily

Lily Active Member

Site Sponsors