1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

GBNews, month one?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by DILLIGAF, July 7, 2021.

1. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF New Member

OK, the GBNews has been running for a month, and I have to ask: has anyone watched these twats? I’m seeing more about it in the news than I am seeing it on the box. Four weeks in and their founder’s taking a break, one of the presenter’s AWOL and threatening to sue, and their broadcast’s wonky AF!

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

Far as I can tell if the BBC is the WWE, GBNews is WCPW, complete with sound issues!

3. Tregaron

Tregaron Active Member

I haven't been paying attention, but they do have the worst, cheapest looking website I've seen in a while. Curious that they have no comments threads, you can tell a great deal about a news source from what its commentors say, just as you know a person by the company they keep.

4. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

And hiring big names who made their name in other places, and early controversy, and everyone saying it will never take off?

5. Flash Harry

Flash Harry Member

You know, this is getting way too close.

6. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

@DILLIGAF I do not know how you managed to delete your own thread, but I believe I have recovered it.
    Thank you for letting me know. Please do not do whatever you did again.
    I will be checking your permissions.

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I've not seen it, seen plenty about it. I really should give it a watch one day and see just how different and evil it is.

8. Terry

Terry Active Member

Don't worry, Channel 4 will be up for grabs soon if they want to expand.

If it is still pulling the same audience figure, three months from now, they will call it a success.

9. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF New Member

Match made in heaven!::lol::

10. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

One of their presenters has just been chastised for taking the knee which, to be fair, used to be the sort of thing the BBC would ban for political partizenship. However, you would think a professional organisation would sort expected standards backstage before broadcast rather than in front of the cameras. If the gentleman decided to go offscript, there is not much that can be done.

11. skye

skye Member

I'm in two minds on this. Some of the complaints are weird, like the India Wilhoughby quitting because they were platforming an anti-trans person, but all I can see is that they reported on the court case she just won and interviewed her. Platforming and reporting on aren't the same.

12. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis Active Member

If that's the Maya thing, that's not giving someone a platform, that's basic journalism. Putting someone on TV doesn't mean endorsing them. Every politician Paxman ever interviewed could tell you that. ::devil::

13. Duckie

Duckie New Member

That's not what I'd call a ringing endorsement, more 'I don’t like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'.

If India Wilhoughby had pulled the "I'm a trained reporter with sharp wits, an educated mind and cutting repartee, and I will be doing the interview to make Ms. Forstater justify her points of view to my face" I'd have more time for her.

Mod Note: Rescued from mod queue and fixed BBCode

14. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF New Member

Fading celeb with wilting career joins new channel then quits to manufacture controversy in bid to resusitate said fading career.

Meh.

15. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis Active Member

Hey, her career's not fading! She was the first person evicted on Big Brother! And she's a regular guest on Good Morning Britain.

/s

16. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I think there is a problem when any news channel spends more time being in the news than reporting on it.

17. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Well, colours nailed firmly to flagpost now, with a show for Nigel Farage.

I don't think it is doing as well as it wanted to, so I would hazard a guess it will run for a year, then it will run out of cash and they will have to close down.

Someone remind me in a year's time to see if I'm right or wrong.

Site Sponsors