Govt sleaze press conference 4:30pm

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Duckie, November 10, 2021.

1. Duckie

Duckie New Member

Boris tries to get himself off sleaze by blaming Patterson. Takers? Jeez, never seen a govt like this.

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Please watch language to avoid moderation. I have moved this to The Dive.

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I've seen a government like this, well heard about it. Tories at the end of Thatcher's/Major's run, when sleaze and kickbacks were the order of the day as well as lotsa dodgy practices.

Then we got Tony B. Liar as the swap.

I think there is an Animal Farm quote in there somewhere.

4. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Well, all the press seem to think Boris is a dead man walking and that he will be gone shortly after the government report gets released saying everything that happened.

Personally, I won't believe it until I see it. I'm too used to parties saying one thing and doing another and I would not be surprised if Boris somehow manages to scrape through and make it to the next election. Whether he would still be PM after that, is anyone's guess?

5. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

In other good news, the fact Boris is so scared of losing the PM-ship, we are going to get loads of things designed to make life good so everyone can ignore his stupid behaviour and relax with some tax credits or a winter bonus or COVID restrictions being dropped.

6. Terry

Terry Active Member

It's been quite the day.
    One MP crossing the floor from the Tories to Labour.
    Another MP standing up and calling for Boris to resign.

In return it looks like all the Covid restrictions are going to be lifted shortly and the country return to normal.

Oh and inflation is now running over 5%.

Welcome to the crazy, crazy world of 2022 and we are only half way through January.

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

It's getting worse, day on day in the UK.

No we are up to blackmail and threatening behaviour towards other MPs.

insert popcorn.gif

8. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Does anyone else think of the British government as Frank Drebin standing in front of the burning fireworks factory? "Nothing to see here, please disperse."

[​IMG]

9. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis Active Member

He's still there. Fuck's sake.

10. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

That's right. Most of the Tories want him gone, but no-one is prepared to wield the knife, because the knife-wielder never gets elected as the next leader.

The police investigation will take months and he'll be there at the next election once he's given us all the biggest bribe he can, so we all forget about it.

Totally shameless.

11. Terry

Terry Active Member

Is this the popcorn/train-wreck thread for Boris yet?

He's still there but every day we get someone knew popping up and either resigning or sending in a letter that Boris should resign instead.

When your defender of last resort is Nadine Dorries then you know the fat lady is gargling in the dressing room.

(Are we allowed to say that any more??)

12. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

He's still there.

He's not going anywhere, anytime soon.

It's like an artiste on a high-wire tightrope who you think is going to fall and never does.

He'll still be there in 6 months time, probably the next election.

It is not worth wasting energy over, he's survived.

Site Sponsors