1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you lived in a rural area?

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by luri, April 7, 2021.

1. luri

luri Member

Currently, I am living in a city, capital city to be precise, however, I have also lived in a rural area (actually, my parents live there). In my village, basic amenities are absent (there are no medical facilities, colleges, supermarkets, grocery stores); however, I have always felt life out there is always peaceful. I sometimes travel to my village to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire Scribe

I grew up in the south, in farming and fishing region. I love that type of area, just for the peacefulness. Unlike you, we had most of the facilities, like a doctors and schools, but for anything complex it was heading for the nearest town. I liked the peacefulness, the city ois great because everything is at my fingertips, but so many people packed together is stressful as hell.

Most of my home county is being concreted over now. Last time I went back I didn't recognise it. It is true what they say, once you leave, you can never go home again.

Site Sponsors