1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ereaders and Tech Support now has its own area for all your kindle bugs and technological wandering wonders. (Relevant older threads are being moved here.)
    Dismiss Notice

help my email broke

Discussion in 'Other Technological Wonders' started by Tina L, July 22, 2021.

1. Tina L

Tina L Member

Its not a ereader but i cant use my email. It used to work but now i get a blank screen and sometimes an error message, but it doesn't make any sense. I can't get to their help and they want me to email them and i can't get to my email.

2. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

Last year they tried to push everyone to Chromium, which kinda defeats the point of a PRIVATE email. Could be that. What's your browser?

3. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I don't know your browser, but in 2021 Tutanota started using polyfill.js. It is an unsupported library that hasn't been updated since 2016 and breaks Tutanota completely on some of my browsers.

If you get an error message on the blank screen, check for whether it mentions it. It can take a while to come up.

If that is the problem, I don't know a fix for this aside from using another email provider or changing your browser. Sorry.

4. Tina L

Tina L Member

Whats a browser. I get the internet.

5. Mine all mine

A browser is what you use to view the internet through. What do you click to get a webpage up?

6. Tina L

Tina L Member

I press a spinny globe that looks like BT.

7. Mine all mine

Yeah. I'm not gonna be able to help.

8. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Is this trolling? o_O

9. tirial

Okay.

Click on your 'BT logo'.
    Then look at the top of your screen.
    You should have a 'Help' Link at the top, normally at the end of the menu. (Click the hamburger if you're on Android and try the bottom of that menu by Settings and then Advanced.)
    Click that link.
    At the bottom of that menu you should have an "About ..." link that will say About Firefox, or About IE or something similar.
    Click it.
    A box should come up with a logo, a title (which is the name of your browser) and a number underneath it.
    That is your browser.

Please let me know what it says.

10. Tina L

Tina L Member

Opera 21

11. tirial

Are you using an Android device? Like a phone or tablet?

12. Tina L

Tina L Member

I'm on my phone. It's Nokia.

13. tirial

Okay.

Your browser's a little out of date.

I would suggest you update your browser, but that does risk losing your data. Without knowing what version of Android, it is a little tricky to troubleshoot. There is an Android app, but I don't know if your phone supports it.

Could you try the following:
    Go to the app store
    Look for Firefox.
    Install Firefox
    Open Firefox and type tutanota.com in the address bar. You might want to bookmark it.
    Enter your username and password to log in.

Tell if you can now see Tutanota.

14. Tina L

Tina L Member

Thank you my emails back. Thank you.

15. Tina L

Tina L Member

Do i have to use the firefox every time i want to see it?

16. tirial

Did you delete Firefox after you read your emails? You can leave it on your phone, and follow the instructions I gave you every time you want to check your emails.

17. Tina L

Tina L Member

I dont like leaving apps on my phone if i dont use them.

18. Mine all mine

You should be using 'the Firefox' for the internet or updating your Opera. Holy F- I didn't think Opera 20 existed anymore.

19. tirial

Okay.

Have you tried the Tutanota app?

Go to the play store.
    Look for Tutanota.
    Install Tutanota's app.

Follow the Instructions.

Once you have set it up, you can leave the Tutanota app on your phone.
    You will be able to access your emails very easily, and you won't have to use your browser.

Has that solved the problem?

20. Tina L

Tina L Member

Yes thank you

Site Sponsors