Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Writer's Lounge' started by C. Lee McKenzie, 22 Dec 2017.

1. I'm on the hunt for stories with "injustice" as the main theme. Do any of you know of a good one? I'm specifically looking for one in the young adult category, but would be interested in one in main stream fiction as well.

Thanks for any help.

2. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

What about John Boyne's The Boy in the Striped Pajamas? Bruno is a child who befriends a Jewish boy in Auschwitz across the fence. The story is told through the voice of a kid. It's terribly haunting. I'm fairly sure it falls in the young adult category.

Would you prefer a story written by an indie author?

3. Donna

Donna Member

The first one that came to mind for me is To Kill a Mockingbird. It deals with a false accusation against a black man during the great depression. I realize this is an American Author but it is an excellent read.

4. natalie

natalie Member

Oh, great theme! Some of the first ones that come to mind are Animal Farm by George Orwell; Wicked by Gregory Maguire; The Help by Kathryn Stockett; the Harry Potter books. There are so many great ones out there though! I'm sure I'll be back with more.

5. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork, The Perfect Shot by Elaine Marie Alphin, and In Real Life by Cory Doctorow are a few that I would recommend.