1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

iBookshelf?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Mine all mine, June 16, 2021.

1. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

Quick Q: Does anyone use iBookshelf.net? Its a site with articles about books, but you really won't believe where I just stumbled on it.

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Why do I feel this is a setup for a punchline or a clickbait link you find in ad spaces? :scheming:

3. Tregaron

Tregaron Active Member

No, if Mine saw it where I think, it is for sale. Apparently this is legitimate. Another 14-year-old book site that is being sold on. I hope the new owners take care of it.

4. Mine all mine

Got it in one. It was on Flippa. Reserve of $1200, current bid $500. Its kinda worrying to see the old sites going down.

5. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I'm not sure about it. The domain is old, but the site isn't. If you check it out on archive.org it was originally a bookshelf filesharing program for a couple of years, then owned by a Russian domain farm, then picked up in 2020 and turned into its current form.

That isn't a long time to build a site- specific following.

6. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I am not sure it is actually for sale. I did send the owner a message through the contact form on the site asking about it, but got no response.

7. Lynda

Lynda New Member

I did the same a few days ago and got back "Yes its for sale", so someone thinks it is.

8. Mine all mine

Good catch, @tirial I didn't check that. If the site is under eighteen months old, doesn't sound like it is really worth the $1200 they wanted then.

9. Hova

Hova Member

Sad to see it all come to this. Brings a lot of memories.

10. sliara

sliara Member

I just visited the site, it seems like it compiles the work of others for easy organization. Membership seems to be closed though, I wonder why.

11. Hova

Hova Member

Isn't it obvious? They are going under.
    Isn't it obvious? They are going under.

12. sliara

sliara Member

I'm not really sure if they are going down or just undergoing renovations, the site is still up and running.

Site Sponsors