Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Images after server move?

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Tregaron, 12 Jul 2016.

1. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

I don't want to be a bother, but I can't see any of the cartoons and the ad links in the footer bar aren't working.

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

Sorry aout this. CIAS made a mistake. tirial is trying to fix it, but doesn't have access from home.

3. porridge

porridge Member

Thought tirial was off PCs? How's that eye?

4. tirial

tirial Member

Not entirely. I am meant to be taking it easy, doing light prototyping and taking breaks for eyedrops every hour/halfhour.

Instead I'm scratch-coding plugins and noting all the broken bits. I've fixed them locally, but CIAS won't give me upload permissions to the new server...not like a php/wordpress developer might ever need to upload files or something *grumble* So, yeah, once again I am doing his job.

5. porridge

porridge Member

Just don't wreack your eyes, K?

(CIAS get off your rear 'n fix stuff. You ain't ill!)

6. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

CIAS has confirmed he'll be looking at it tonight.

7. tirial

tirial Member

Done, and I now have the necessary access to fix the other bugs. They may take a few days, my eyes are killing me.

8. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

That was my mistake - I missed off a whole set of extra folders of media which didn't get carried across followed by not getting the upload permissions right for tirial to fix it.

I'm hoping that its fixed it by now, but if anything else is missing let me know.

9. tirial

tirial Member

Fixed a few more stray images that seem to have got lost in the move and an RSS problem which was breaking the comments. Also noted that the reviews don't seem to be going up. Can anyone with something ready to go up get it across to me or CIAS? Normal access will be resumed shortly.