1. Guest Posts now allowed in Tech Support and Book Announcement Boards. These posts are moderated before going live, so allow 24 hours for them to appear, or create an account.
    Dismiss Notice

Literary Hoaxes Site

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by skye, December 13, 2021.

1. skye

skye Active Member

I found this site when I was browsing, and it was interesting enough that I thought some of you might enjoy it. I did, and I've never heard of many of these. There are a lot of famous literary hoaxes on there.

Literary Hoaxes

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Biggest literary hoax I know is Hitler's Diaries. Just putting it there before I go and have a look...It's not there, WTF??

OTOH that site has loads of fun hoaxes to go and read and not just the literary ones. Nice find there.

3. atry

atry Active Member

It is funny that two of those hoaxes are opposites but ended up with the same result. The Diary of a Good Neighbour and
    The Steps Experiement both tried to show how hard it is for an unknown author to break in by doing exactly the opposite thing and and I guess they both succeeded.

4. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

The Library of books with one copy sounds great!:up:

5. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

The one's that always annoy me are the autobiographical, my life was terrible, pity me books that there was a fad for a few years ago.

6. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

Site Sponsors