1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Lily, February 20, 2021.

1. Lily

Lily Member

Hi, I just wanted to ask if it's allowed to post information about freebies? I get at least one free game for PC every week and share the info with family/friends and wondered if it's okay to also share the info here. It would only ever be legit giveaways from places like Steam, Epic, Ubisoft, etc, plus the occasional PlayStation freebie.

I also have some Steam keys of my own for a few games I wish to give away (for free). I thought the games could appeal to members here as they're fantasy RPGs of the Choose Your Own Adventure kind, and wanted to check first if it's okay to offer them in the forums?

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure the games will appeal to some members here.

As long as they are legitimate codes, I don't have a problem with it. They only thing I would suggest is if you mention you have a free code, then let the members PM you for it than just posting it directly.

Lily likes this.
  3. Lily

Lily Member

That's brill, thank you. Re the Steam keys, yes, probably the best way of going about it is to post the info first on the games and then I can send the keys privately to anyone who wants them.

Just one more quick question, which is the appropriate forum for such threads? I wasn't sure whether it'd be this one or the games forum.

4. CatInASuit

That sounds good. The Games room is the more appropriate place, if you want to start a thread on it.

5. Lily

Lily Member

Will do, thanks for your help!

6. luri

luri Member Scribe

I think we should stick to the niche of this website. Since this website is dedicated to reading and writing, I think we should share resource links that will help the people who like reading and writing. Sharing games and similar things will not help this community grow.

7. sliara

sliara Active Member

I don't mind it when someone posts a game in here, it's no big deal even if the forum is book-themed, I'm pretty sure a lot would appreciate the free games.

Lily likes this.
  8. CatInASuit

While the raison d'etre of the site is for the discussion of indie books, if the only thing we talked about was indie books, we would miss out on a lot of interesting topics and conversations.

We have boards so we can discuss other things like the news, games or even that most British of things: the weather.

Lily likes this.
  9. Post-Life Crisis

Post-Life Crisis Active Member

I like freebies. If people post more, I am there.

Lily likes this.
  10. Lily

Lily Member

I like freebies too XD. Even in a community focused on books, people have other interests. I think it's nice that this site offers a place to discuss other things too, plus it makes me happy to share info on free stuff so that other people can benefit as well.

11. Well as for me, it's not proper to post games here even they're free to download or free to play.

We have sections here. In case, the admin will allow that. Where should it fall? In what category?

12. Lily

Lily Member

(-‸ლ) (ง'̀-'́)ง ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Folks of the anti-gaming crowd, you make it really hard for me to suppress my sarcastic sense of humour.

(^▽^) (。>‿‿<。 )

Here, have a cute kitty instead

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠓⢄⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠏⢹⠀⠀⠱⡀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠘⠄
    ⣤⣤⡤⢤⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠃⠀⠈⠒⠢⢤⡀⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣤⣤⠤⢄⣀
    ⡏⠉⠒⠒⠤⡀⠉⠙⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢺⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⢛⠛⠋⡈⡀⠌⢣
    ⠸⡀⠀⠀⢀⠎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡖⠛⠲⠀⠀⠱⠀⠀⡎⠄⡁⠄⡁⠄⡀⠄⡁⠸⡀
    ⠀⠱⡀⠀⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠨⠀⢘⠡⡀⠄⡀⠄⡀⠄⡀⠨⡎
    ⠀⠀⠈⠺⡇⠀⢀⡞⠉⠉⠂⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣹⡉⡩⢢⡀⠄⡀⠄⡀⠄⣠⠏⡅
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⣀⠜⠓⢻⠀⠀⠀⡰⠗⠉⠀⢀⡍⢦⣄⣤⣴⠟⠋⠀⡸
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⠤⠜⠀⠀⠊⠀⠀⢀⠞⠉⠀⠀⠈⢣⣀⣠⠤⠚⠁
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡳⠧⡥⢦⣆⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠊

13. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

The Games and Giveaways section is available at the bottom of the main forum list, and is the place for non-book giveaways and games like this.

14. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

D'aawww!
    E:smileycat:E:joycat:E:hearteyecat:E:joycat:E:smilecat:

15. Thanks so much for pointing that out. Sorry for I overlook it.

That's good for there's a section of "non-book giveaways and games." It simply show it's well categorized and classified.

16. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Just seen this. So damn cute., it needs repeating.

Site Sponsors