1. Guest Posts now allowed in Tech Support and Book Announcement Boards. These posts are moderated before going live, so allow 24 hours for them to appear, or create an account.
    Dismiss Notice

Reading Inside

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Kindler, December 3, 2021.

1. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Back in May, I asked about reading outdoors due to the end of lockdown approaching and a chance to get out into the sun.

Well, it's now December and the brass monkeys have appeared, so reading outdoors is not a great idea unless you like frostbite.

But I still enjoy reading, so I've found a couple of new cafes worth going to, that I can get down to a bit of reading with a coffee and not worry too much about getting COVID as the tables are nicely spaced out and the coffee is actually pretty good..

Of course, you can't beat an open fire, dim lights, some background music and the chance to settle down in the dark for an evening, but that would be way to easy.

Has anyone else found somewhere good to read now it's winter which isn't at home?

2. Terry

Terry Active Member

I'm a home reader only. With Covid and such I don't get out anywhere near what I used to. No commute and no cafes, so reading only at home for me.

Wish it was otherwise, cos that would mean more places are open, but not now. Maybe after the Omicron...Sigma...Psi variants.

3. skye

skye Active Member

I read on busses, and trains, and anywhere that I have a book and nothing else to do. I don't read at home very often because I'm busy but this christmas might be different, like last christmas. The comments in the papers say that Omicron has not actually killed anyone. If that is so, this sudden lockdown for christmas is a bit off.

Site Sponsors