Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Reading Slump

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Jordan, 18 Oct 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I've hit a reading slump. Nothing looks good, sounds good, or holds my attention. What do you do to get out of reading slumps? Read anything lately that was unputdownable that might help with mine?

2. Donna

Donna Member

I go to Barnes and Noble or Books a Million, have a cup of coffee and just browse. Out of all those books surely you could find one or two that peak your interest. It could be just a cookbook or a "how to" book. I can never get out of either store for under $100. Hence, I don't go often.

Jordan likes this.
  3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Have a look through the free books on the site and pick something at random from a favoured genre.

There's usually something fun or interesting to read

Jordan likes this.
  4. Anna

Anna Member

I hate those reading slumps. Usually, that's when I'll just try to read something I've been meaning to read forever and give it a go. Or, like others said, browse around until I find something. I find it helpful to look outside of genres I typically read.

Jordan likes this.
  5. jessica

jessica Active Member

I'm reading the Petectives series now, cos I love the cats::lol::. If you like cats, it might be good for you. When I'm in a slump I just grab something that looks really quick and easy to read like YA and start with that.

Jordan likes this.
  6. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I finally read a graphic novel that's very overdue. Still not feeling voracious yet, but it's a start.

Jessica, those sound really cute. I do love cats and have two ornery ones of my own.