1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Reddit!?

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by jessica, March 24, 2021.

1. jessica

jessica Citizen of Logres

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

This looks a lot like damage control that Reddit, not only hired someone they really should have done more a of a background check on, but look as they they have been less than honest about what has happened afterwards in terms of the actions they have taken.

Not a good look for them.

3. jessica

Not a good look?
    That is the understatement of the millenium.

4. CatInASuit

You seem to be speechless - or we just don't have a shocked enough smilie for you.

5. jessica

I can't find anything to smile about. It's horrible.

6. CatInASuit

Touche.

You are totally right about this, it is an extremely horrible situation in so many ways.

7. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

8. CatInASuit

And just like that, Reddit crumbles and she's gone.

They still have a metric ton of questions to answer, but it's a step in the right direction. Even if that step was forced by a lot of very angry redditors and the media beginning to take a very healthy interest in such a fuckup

Still amazed it ever got this far though.

9. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

I noticed that Reddit had gone dark this morning over something but never had the chance to get check out what it was about, other than Reddit pulling something shady and a lot, yeah really a lot, of subforms all protesting.

Just reading that story makes my skin crawl.

Looks like Reddit is as bad as Facebook and other big social sites, censor the bad news if they don't like it.

10. Reddit's back now. What the hell did I miss?

11. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

12. luri

luri Member Scribe

I am not on reddit. A long time ago, I was bullied on Reddit and had to abandon the site. I think Reddit community is very harsh, I hear that the community is more powerful than the owner. There were times when the community rejected the owner's ideas and the owner had to back down.

13. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

That's exactly what happened here. The owner hired someone who was expelled from two British political parties due to links to pedophiles, and the entire community said hell, no. Reddit's owners fired her.

Rumour is she was modding communities for teens and children. If that's right its pretty disturbing. Here - not a pretty read:

14. luri

luri Member Scribe

I am not aware of the current issues on Reddit. However, if what you have said here is true, I think it was pretty disgusting to have a person linked to pedophiles being hired to work as a moderator for the teen and kids community. I will check the link you have shared.

15. sliara

sliara Member

Ok I'm not a Reddit user, but if there are problems due to privacy or leaked info then they need to step up and solve it, they just need to change employees.

16. Uh, I don't get where privacy or leaked info comes in? Isn't the problem who they hired in the first place? Thought we were discussing Aimee Challenor, not privacy issues?

17. Lily

Lily Member

Gross. Not a Reddit user but I remember first reading about this vile bunch a while back. I wouldn't be upset if the rapist Paedodad happened to drink some polonium-flavoured tea.

PS it seems extremely easy to get hired at Reddit?! Just be as disgusting and as unsavoury as possible and the job's yours.

18. sliara

sliara Member

You should read that information again that they hired a criminal, they have very grave offenses so they must not be trusted to run a website.

19. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

MOD WARNING:
    @sliara, Aimee Challenor is not a convicted felon, therefore cannot accurately be called a criminal. I would suggest you should read the information about why her presence was an issue again.

As Post-Life Crisis correctly pointed out this thread is about hiring her, and not online privacy.

20. sliara

sliara Member

Ah ok, I should have read more carefully. Of course, until it is proven that they are guilty then we should treat the accusations with a grain of salt.

Site Sponsors