1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Review Assistance request.

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Reader, May 18, 2021.

1. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I don't ask often, but I find myself at an impass. With Covid lockdown still easing, and shelter in place still underway, I require a little assistance with a book I am trying to review.

It is well-written, spell-checked, edited, with decent characterisation, and a plot.

However, someone forgot to add the Christian to the Christian Horror it was advertised as. For the sake of the plot, God is not benevolent, then quickly not omnipotent or omniscient. Humans do not all have souls. I am finding myself nitpicking the Christianity aspects more than the plot itself - where I am currently trying to explore the inside of a huge plothole that the writer has not acknowledged that would erase the entire 300 page book from page 7-0-ish onwards.

I may be being overly harsh, so a sanity check and assistance from those familiar with Christianity to fact check me would be useful. As before, our lurkers can Message me, if prefered.

Meanwhile I shall be doing a jigsaw to relax myself from the book I was reading to relax.

2. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

You have only to ask dear @Reader, although I now worry about what it is that you are asking me to read.

This is going to be one of those exceedingly well written books with a plot that cannot help but reminder you every third page that the author either did not do the research or missed a plot hole completely which renders the entire premise null and void, is it not?

I certainly hope that it is not both.

3. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I am currently investigating whether the villain crying with a "fowl voice" is a typo or they are actually making chicken noises.

It is not a bad book, it just invites critique.

Site Sponsors