1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

Tokyo Olympics

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Terry, August 2, 2021.

1. Terry

Terry Active Member

We are several days into the games and there are plenty of things going on.

But most importantly, for me at least, the UK is winning lots of medals.

So in between COVID, athletes being quarantined, athletes being upset or pulling out, it still looks like it's going to have it's fair share of memories and highlights.

Anyone got anything good to know about? For me , it's the BMX successes, especially the freestyle. So very cool.

2. Athanas

Athanas Member

As a fan of athletics, I really enjoy races especially the short ones.

3. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

We (Sorry, that means British) have our youngest ever medalling Olympian.

13 years old.

I feel old.

4. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

We did really well at this year's Olympics. We came fourth on the medal table, which is not bad for a country of this size, compared to the USA and China.

5. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

And the gloss comes off immediately, as one of the 4x100m relay runners for GB fails a dope test.

Will have to see what his explanation is, but I doubt it will be good enough, the team will loses their medals and he will get a ban.

There's always one.

:(

6. We are lucky from the Philippines. We have a gold medalist in the person of Hidilyn Diaz. We are very proud of him.

Site Sponsors