1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice

UFO Report due out

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by Post-Life Crisis, June 17, 2021.

1. "Something's going on we can't handle," a.ka the Pentagon's report gets more hype. Now UFOs are messing with nuclear facilities, a real step up from the cattle.

I guess there must be a real uptick in Amazon sales for UFO books in the future, and the comics are going to go mad.

Any guesses as to what's in it?

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

I expect it to go something like this:

Govt: "We can't identify the unidentified flying objects."
    Press: "So they are not aliens?"
    Govt: "We can't identify them. That means we don't know what they are."
    Press: "So you're not saying they're not aliens."
    Govt: "We're saying we don't know what they are."
    Press: "Yaaay, aliens!"

3. sliara

sliara Member

I guess people just like to read something new by chance, and right now it's about UFO's. I think it's purely coincidental.

4. skye

skye Member

@sliara, so you don't think booksales and author inspiration are affected by the headlines?

5. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

If all the UFO books were to come out in 3 months time, I would have said it was an inspiration.

If there are lots of UFO books coming out, it's probably a good day to bury some boring headlines.

6. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well, it's been a while since aliens were the go to genre for a while. We've had zombies and vampires since then, so we're due for them to come back round.

If aliens did exist, I'm not sure what I would make of it. I mean the universe is gigantic, so I doubt we are the only species around.Of course, we are a finite species in an infinite universe, so we are unlikely to be little more than a general hallucination (with thanks to Douglas Adams).

Site Sponsors