News Updates - Guest Post, Email system etc.

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Bookangel, January 24, 2022.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

The email system is partway through its update. Review and The Full Booklist have been updated, the by genre has also been but still requires some improvements to the system that lets it work.

Guest Posting is now allowed on Book Announcements and Tech Support because we get quite a number of messages throught contact forms and email for this, so allowing to people to post their own reduces my workload.

2. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

Further to the above, the email system is pretty much switched over. All the newsletters will now start to be sent out by the new system.

Fun fact: we have had over 30k people sign up over the years for a newsletter from us.

3. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Active Member

Check writer's board. You got spam on you.

4. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

Check writer's board. No we don't. :p

The server is sending out 10,000 emails to people to reconfirm because their status was changed by the move, so things may be a little glitchy for a while. (But 32k? I mean, I knew the system stopped counting accurately over 12k, but we never figured it was that high...)

5. CatInASuit

I spoke too soon...of course, I spoke too soon.

You have everything nicely prepared and then something totally left-field becomes an issue...

I really, really should have known better.

6. CatInASuit

Well, after a few days of running, it appears to have settled down and back to normal.

Here's hoping it stays that way.

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Well, I'm getting the emails I expected.

Jinx...::rofl::

Site Sponsors