1. Scribblings now has a Word Count Validator, as requested. Users can save their wordcount and embed it in their posts via the [wordtrack] BBcode, or just use [wordcount] to embed without saving.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ereaders and Tech Support now has its own area for all your kindle bugs and technological wandering wonders. (Relevant older threads are being moved here.)
    Dismiss Notice

User Issue - third party

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Bookangel, June 7, 2021.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

After Meandering reported an issue with their third party software connecting to the boards, we have investigated. We have confirmed it is a problem with the software not the boards and we've contacted them to see if it needs an update. If you're not using third party software with your posts, this won't affect you.

We've contacted those we know were affected, either by Conversation through the boards or direct message where we can. Please check your messages.

If you believe you are one of the affected and have not been contacted, please start a Conversation with me. (Mouseover Inbox, then click "Start a New Conversation" at the bottom of the box that appears. Enter Bookangel in the 'Participants' box.)

2. tirial

tirial IT fixer extraordinaire

The third party in question has misconfigured their SMTP or IMAP server to the point it can't send valid emails, which rather suggests their posting client is similarly broken. I'm awaiting another response from them after whitelisting their email address, in the hope that will let their response get through.

For anyone using it, I would strongly suggest using a different client. Contact Bookangel as requested for updates.

3. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

We think this is resolved, and users who were affected should be able to post normally again. If you have any further issues with the client, please let us know.

(For those interested, they had changed their server so it did not handle slashes at the end of URLs)

4. Mine all mine

Mine all mine Member

What!? WHY?
    *Laughs hysterically in techie*

5. CatInASuit

CatInASuit Administrator Staff Member

It's usually the way. IMHO 90% of all bugs turn out to be a missing semi-colon, or a comma out of place or just something tiny missed.

I feel sorry for them, it's so easy for it to happen. You just have to catch it when testing.

Site Sponsors