Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

When someone realises you are not psychic...

Discussion in 'The Dive' started by Bookangel, 7 Jan 2016.

1. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

This was one of those days, those days when you get an email from someone who has mislisted their book, and they tell you the correct dates and the title they want changed...

...and you cheer because for once, someone has actually told you what they wanted changed on what book. Thank you!

Normally it is just:

"I got my dates wrong"

or even worse:

"Fix my book."

without even the name of an author who is on the site and we're expected to track the book down by their email and guesswork.

So thank you very much, dear author, for giving us the details needed. Your book is fixed. It took five minutes.

The others? They take longer, with more frustration.

2. porridge

porridge Member

"Fix their book"? That offers options. Should've sent it to Reader with instructions to shred.

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

"Set reviewer-mode to Picky" :D

4. Terry

Terry Member

Sometimes you do wonder if they realise that if they don't send any details, you can't do anything about it.

5. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

For me, it's when people ask me to review something, without sometimes telling me what it is they they want me to review.

6. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

What, and tone it down from eviscerate? :cool:

7. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

Are these random emails or don't you have a contact form which tells them all the info you need to include.

8. Bookangel

There's a contact form for general enquiries asking for name, email, and their message, with a note above asking people to please include the books title or ASIN. It hasn't helped.

There's also an "Update this book" link at the bottom of each book's page with a full update form for the book and its details. It's been used twice.

Although we have had another one this morning who gave us all the details, which was nice.

9. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Has it occurred to you that it is likely people who contact you have already messed up one form (submission), so are more likely to make a mistake on the next form?

How many of the people who give you all the details are contacting you because of something other than submission form error?

10. Bookangel

That makes a depressing amount of sense.