Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Who's your favourite indie author?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by atry, 26 Sep 2016.

1. atry

atry Member

I thought I'd ask 'cos I'm not sure how many people read them.
    Are they are straight indie, self-published, small press, traditionally published and releasing a back catalogue?
    What do you like about them?

I really liked S.W.Fairbrother's books. Her London Bones Book series were really, really, good but I wish she'd written more than just the two. I think she's purely indie, and sp through Amazon.

Anyone else?

p.s. don't forget your
    Code:
    [book][/book]
    tags! If you rec something I want to read it!

2. Bookangel

Bookangel Administrator Staff Member

I tend to like individual books rather than following specific authors. Andrew Knighton did two good sci-fi collections which I enjoyed however.

3. jessica

jessica Active Member

Lizz Lund. I like her mysteries, and the recipes she includes in each. :D I blame Reader's Lizz Lund-athon for my putting weight:mad: ;)

ETA: Whoops, forgot my book tags!

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Many of us have that one author that captured our hearts. Every once in a while we will discover new authors and wonder why everyone else in the world doesn't love them as much as we do. It's somewhat of a curse when it comes to reading. Loving an author, it's hard for a person to not want them to take the world by storm. It's especially hard when you know in your heart that the author is just as amazing as you think they are.

If you've ever come across a not-so-known author that captured your mind, who is it?
    Who is your favorite not-so-known author?

<modedit>Merged two similar threads</modedit>

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Oct 2016
  5. djbook

djbook Member

Well, my favorite author is Aoife Clifford. While she was unknown earlier, I think she'll become pretty well known after her book gets published by Simon and Schuster! So, yeah, she's going places and I am happy about it. Also, she's only really written one book, but you can read it and mull over the issues she touches in the book for a long time. So, that's why she's my favorite little known author.

6. jessica

jessica Active Member

If she's published by a big six like Simon and Shuster, does she count as an indy?

7. djbook

djbook Member

Well, they only agreed to publish her works because she was an indie who became successful without them. So, now they want her on board. But, alright, I'll change my answer to Adam Croft.

8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

It's so hard for me to choose an author. I have come across a lot of authors by accident. Most of the authors I read are not very well known. My favorite indie author would have to be Tia Giacalone. She is a romance author and writes amazing works of fiction. She is very new to the publishing world. I actually discovered her at a romance author event. I believe she has only released three books so far, but they are all wonderfully written. :)

djbook likes this.
  9. djbook

djbook Member

Tia Giacalone? I'll read her. I see that none of her books have any reviews. It's actually a really good thing because that tells me she didn't buy herself 50 fake reviews like some "superstar" authors.

10. tirial

tirial Member

I tend to go by books rather than following authors, because I have found the standard for the same author can vary a lot and I have too many books on shelves and desktops and floors and many other places.

Kimberley A. Bettes Crier's Club really got to me though.