Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Your writing quirks?

Discussion in 'Writer's Lounge' started by tirial, 8 Apr 2018.

1. tirial

tirial Member

I got a notebook soaked yesterday with a lot of notes in it, which was annoying. It made me realise that there's a quirk to my wrtiting method - I like to have a story in one notepad if I am working on it, rather than having my notes across several, and if I am writing a new story, I'll often buy a new notepad and pen just for that.

Does anyone else have writing quirks like this?

2. Kindler

Kindler Active Member

If I ever do writing and it's not that often I have loads of either scraps of paper or lots of text files containing bits and pieces that I wrote. Assembling them afterwards is always a chore, but when you do put them together it is usually more than I thought it would be.

3. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I receive odd looks when reviewing as I have my kindle open and a notebook, yet I still click into the writer to type. Read the book, jot issues and locations down in boxes on the notepad, and when evidence of enough issues of the same type arise, I type it into the review I am writing on the kindle.

More importantly, did you manage to save the notebook?

4. tirial

tirial Member

So, research, aggregation, and writing in one. That's a very collapsed writing process. No wonder you get through books so fast.

Yes, thanks. I was lucky it was cheap shiny paper. Wiped the outside off, then pried the pages apart, put toilet paper between them and dried it off. The notebook is a crumpled mess I can't write more in, but it is readable.