Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Apart from reading

Discussion in 'Life in General' started by to7update, 29 Mar 2017.

1. to7update

to7update New Member

We all love reading, but apart from reading what do you like doing? Are you someone that prefers outdoors, music, sports, chess? What occupies most of your time?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy New Member

My favorite hobby is gardening. I have edible plants all around our house and I also plant vegetables in the vacant lot beside our property as my extended garden. What's fun in my garden is that there are loose chickens, about 10 of them. And when I arrive in my extended garden, the chickens would run towards me in anticipation of the grains that I would give them. Gardening is soothing especially when there is a harvest. Even just a few tomatoes is already a nice reward.

3. to7update

to7update New Member

Now that's a great hobby really gardening, not only we spend some time in the sun, but we also produce something we can eat. I don't have space for a garden, but I do love to play tennis and to go to the beach, those are my two favorite hobbies. There's the plus on the beach that I can read there! :D

4. Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker New Member

Reading, writing, and singing are my major hobbies. I read to improve my writing skills when I am done I sing. Recently I bought an acoustic guitar for $40 from a mall. I want to relieve myself of the stress that comes always along the way for I am already old. So singing which is my hobby since in my high school days, I want to revive it. It is, of course, distressful when I sing. I even compose my own song. It is indeed very gratifying kind of hobby.

5. Meryl

Meryl Member

Besides reading, I like writing (I'm a blogger) and I do a lot of puzzles. My favorite is Sudoku but I also like jigsaw puzzles.

6. to7update

to7update New Member

When I read puzzles @Meryl I thought you were talking about the traditional ones, as both my younger kid and wife love them, and I end up getting involved too. :) Being a blogger is actually something interesting, do you have many followers?

7. harijobs

harijobs New Member

Apart from reading, I enjoy writing for my blogs and sketching. I always listen to music while doing art. When it comes to outdoor activities I enjoy gardening and playing badminton. :)

8. Meryl

Meryl Member

I meant both kinds of puzzles. I love anything that gets the mind working. I just started my blog last year so I don't have that many followers yet. Right now my audience consists mainly of my family and friends.