Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Author Reactions to Reviews?

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Books Bits 'n Bobs, 16 Jul 2017.

1. Has an author ever overreacted to one of your reviews? How did you handle it? I have to say the only time I've dealt with fallout happened years ago, by a famous author at a large publishing firm. My review wasn't harsh, but I ended up deleting it from Amazon anyway. Just wasn't worth it. Indie authors seem much more gracious when it comes to critics of their work. Would you agree?

2. Angel

Angel Munificent Critic

In general, most of the authors are happy to receive a review regardless of the outcome as it means that someone has taken the time to read their work.

Books Bits 'n Bobs likes this.
  3. jessica

jessica Active Member

4. Reader

Reader Vile Critic

I believe Bookangel has had its "slight problem" author encounter a year or so ago...

5. Demi

Demi Member

Most authors try to not read reviews, even the good ones because they don't want to be drawn into any drama. However, I have had an author get mad about a review I left about her book once. I did not delete my review though.

6. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

Originally I reviewed books on my own blog, but I closed it due to the reactions of an indie author who turned up on my doorstep. It is a pity because most authors are very civil and take constructive criticism on board, but there is always one who ruins it for everyone.

7. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I've had a couple of review blogs over the years, and luckily I've never received bad feedback from an author. I also haven't written many poor reviews. I tend to not finish things I really don't like and end up not reviewing them. Alternatively, I've done short reviews or explained why I couldn't finish something, especially if it's popular.

8. porridge

porridge Member

Kinda like Reader does with the micro rev's here then? Never seen the point of a blog that doesn't say when a book's crap meself. That's not reviews. That's adverts.