Quantcast
  1. Restoring a database problem, so some threads may be out of order. Fixing this now. If you spot one, PM @bookangel
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome Book Sites

Discussion in 'Tea Room (Book Chat)' started by Jordan, 16 Aug 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Bookangel is an awesome site for readers and I'm glad it's one I've recently discovered.

Are there any other book/author sites you frequent that don't get the credit they deserve?

2. Demi

Demi Member

Well, I often get on Goodreads, but I think it's pretty well know, so I wouldn't say that it doesn't get the credit it deserves. :)

3. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Thanks, Demi. I'm a user of Goodreads too, but only after Amazon killed Shelfari. :((

The sites mentioned here so far, like Book Crossing and Pacemaker, were new to me so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew of anything else good.

4. I miss Shelfari too. I use Goodreads, but I was a bigger fan of Shelfari. I'll add Book Crossing to my bookmarks. I don't know if you've heard of it, but I'm a fan of paperbackswap.com You basically swap paperbacks with other users. I haven't used it in awhile, but it sure helped my budget when I did.

5. Julia

Julia Member

I forgot about paperbackswap! I was a member for a while and I loved it! I will have to go look that one up again. Glad to be reminded of that one. I also am going to check out Book Crossing. Thanks for sharing that one!

6. Tregaron

Tregaron Member

talebooks.com isn't bad. I found it through an advert on bookangel. It offers public domain PDF books, like Project Gutenburg, but the layout for reading online is so much easier to read.

Anna and Ellie Jane like this.
  7. Ellie Jane

Ellie Jane Member

Thanks for sharing, Tregaron. I'll check that out.

Do you all remember the name of a site where you could enter the book you just read and it would offer suggestions of other books you might like? I had to reformat my laptop and I've lost all of my bookmarks. I've searched around but am unable to find it.

8. jessica

jessica Active Member

I know the one you mean, but I've lost my bookmarks:(. If anyone finds it, please share!

9. Anna

Anna Member

I've sadly never heard of any of these. So obviously, I'm going to check them out immediately. It sounds like Shelfari was a real gem. How did it differ from Goodreads?